- Fall is finally here, which means it’s pumpkin spice time! This year, make your own pumpkin spice Frappuccino at home instead of buying one from Starbucks.
- You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious drink, and it takes less than five minutes!
- The recipe includes strong coffee, milk of your choice, crushed ice or regular ice cubes, pumpkin spice syrup (which can be made at home with a few simple ingredients), and whipped cream.
This homemade pumpkin spice Frappuccino is cheaper, tastes just as good (if not better!), and you can customize it to your liking.
Here’s how to make a delicious homemade pumpkin spice frappuccino.
What is a pumpkin spice Frappuccino?
A pumpkin spice Frappuccino is a coffee-based drink that contains pumpkin spice flavoring. The drink is typically made with strong coffee, milk, and pumpkin spice syrup and is usually topped with whipped cream and pumpkin spices on top.
If you love a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, you’ll also love the sweet flavor of this Frappuccino.
I usually order my Starbucks pumpkin spice Frappuccino with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce on top, making it the perfect treat:
Tip: This Frappuccino recipe uses the same base mentioned in this in-depth article. If this is your first time making a Frappuccino at home, I suggest reading that article first.
Now, let’s go over the list of ingredients needed to make this drink at home:
What ingredients are needed for this drink?
To make this pumpkin spice Frappuccino at home, you’ll only need the following ingredients:
- Strong coffee – You can use espresso coffee or regular brewed coffee. Espresso coffee is best used if you like a strong Frappuccino.
- Milk of choice – I prefer using whole milk for its full flavor, but this recipe will work with any milk you have on hand. So you can use your favorite dairy-free milk, as well as low-fat milk.
- Crushed ice or regular ice cubes are used to cool this drink to the perfect temperature. Crushed ice is best used, but regular ice cubes will work fine. Keep in mind that you’ll need to blend the drink for a bit longer.
- Pumpkin spice syrup is the main sweetener in this Frappuccino. It has all the delicious spices and pumpkin flavors in it.
- Whipped cream is used as a decadent topping.
- You can use pumpkin spices to finish the drink. I’ve listed a recipe for this further down in the article, and you can also use these spices to make homemade pumpkin spice syrup!
And that’s all! Let’s go over the best coffee to use in this recipe, so you can make the best at-home Frappuccino there is!
What is the best coffee to use in this recipe?
There are a few different ways to make this recipe, but my favorite is with espresso.
If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use brewed coffee, but it won’t have as strong of a flavor.
Brewed coffee can be made using various brewing techniques, which will be more accessible for most.
I like to use three espresso shots for this recipe, which equals about 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of regular brewed coffee. This will ensure that your Frappuccino will have a well-balanced taste.
If you have a Nespresso machine at home, you can use the lungo pods for a milder flavor or espresso pods for a more robust flavor.
You can check out the best Nespresso pods for espresso here.
How do you choose the right coffee beans?
The best way to choose coffee beans is to taste them first.
Different coffees have different flavor profiles, and you’ll likely prefer some beans over others.
Look for coffee beans that have a flavor that you enjoy and that are roasted to your preferred level of darkness.
For most Frappuccinos, I suggest using medium or dark roasted coffee beans as this will be strong enough to stand against some of the sweetness.
But you can use any coffee beans you have at home. Try out the recipe and see how you’d like to change it to suit your flavor palate more.
I suggest tasting right after blending the mixture so you can adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
You can check out the best coffee beans for espresso in this article if you’re still looking for some delicious options!
How do you make the pumpkin spice mix?
This delicious, aromatic spice mix can be used in all sorts of recipes, from breakfast to dessert.
However, my absolute favorite ways to use it are in a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin spice iced latte, or this pumpkin spice Frappuccino.
You could even use it to make a cold foam version by adding just a small amount to it. This is perfect for those summer recipes.
You can check out the pumpkin spice cold foam here:
You’ll need to collect the following ingredients to make the spice mix. It’ll make a large batch, so you won’t have to worry about running out anytime soon:
- 20 grams of ground cinnamon
- 10 grams of ground ginger
- 5 grams of ground cloves
- 2 grams of ground nutmeg
- 2 grams of ground black pepper
The spice mix has the usual fall flavors combined, but the added bonus is the freshly ground black pepper.
The added black pepper will give it slightly more heat, which is perfect for this time of the year.
You can simply combine the ingredients in a large bowl and stir them together with a whisk. It’ll look like this when finished:
How do you make pumpkin spice syrup at home?
Homemade pumpkin spice syrup is made by combining pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, white granulated sugar, cold tap water, and the pumpkin spice mix!
It uses the basic coffee syrup ingredients and has the added pumpkin purée for that fall flavor.
You can use a canned version if you prefer or make your own. I usually make my own, as many pumpkins are available at affordable prices.
You’ll be left with a smooth pumpkin spice syrup by heating up the ingredients in a small saucepan until the sugar has dissolved.
It’ll look like this when cooled and bottled:
If you want to try this recipe, you can find the easy step-by-step guide here.
How to make a pumpkin spice Frappuccino at home
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make your own pumpkin spice Frappuccino at home. For the complete recipe, scroll down a bit further:
- Brew the coffee using your preferred method and let it cool completely.
- Place the coffee in a blender cup and add the pumpkin spice syrup and milk.
- Add crushed ice to the blender and blend on high speed until the ice has a little structure left.
- Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and extra pumpkin spices, and enjoy!
As you can see, there aren’t that many steps to making a delicious pumpkin spice Frappuccino at home.
Now that you know the steps involved, it’s time to put it to the test by following the recipe card below:
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
With this 5-minute pumpkin spice Frappuccino recipe, you'll enjoy the fall flavors in no time!
- Three espresso shots (3 oz or 90 ml) or 1/2 cup (120 ml) of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of whole milk
- 1 cup (240 grams) of crushed ice (or regular ice cubes)
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of pumpkin spice syrup
- A serving of whipped cream
- A dusting of pumpkin spice mix
- Start by brewing your coffee. For the best results, it's best to brew the coffee beforehand and let it cool completely. This will ensure that the added ice will firm up the Frappuccino.
- Add the brewed coffee, milk, and pumpkin spice syrup to a blender cup.
- Add crushed ice (or regular ice cubes) to the blender cup.
- Blend on high speed until a slightly chunky and not overly smooth Frappuccino base appears.
- Pour the Frappuccino base into a tall glass of choice.
- Top with a serving of whipped cream.
- Finish with a light dusting of pumping spice mix, serve with a straw, and enjoy as soon as possible!
If you prefer, you can adjust the sweetness of the Frappuccino by adding more pumpkin spice syrup to the mix!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5.3gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 11.4gSugar: 11.3gProtein: 3.9g
If you don’t have time to go out and buy a pumpkin spice Frappuccino, or if you’re trying to save some money, this recipe is the perfect solution.
With only a few ingredients and less than five minutes of your time, you can make a delicious pumpkin spice Frappuccino right in your own kitchen. So what are you waiting for?
I hope you enjoy this homemade pumpkin spice Frappuccino recipe as much as I do! And if you’re looking for more Frappuccino recipes, have a look below: