Looking for a delicious, easy-to-make Frappuccino recipe? This homemade white chocolate mocha Frappuccino is sure to hit the spot!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. Plus, it’s much cheaper than buying one from a coffee shop.
Grab a cup of coffee, and let’s get into it!
What is a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino?
A white chocolate mocha Frappuccino is a coffee-based drink with a blend of milk, strong coffee, and ice and is flavored with white chocolate. It’s then topped off with vanilla whipped cream and a drizzle of white chocolate sauce.
If you love sweet and creamy beverages, this is the Frappuccino for you.
The white chocolate mocha packs quite a punch when it comes to sweetness – but if you want something even sweeter, you can always adjust the amount of white chocolate sauce.
Tip: This Frappuccino recipe uses the same base mentioned in this in-depth article. If this is your first time making a Frappuccino at home, I suggest reading that article first.
Let’s go over the ingredients needed to get started with this recipe below:
What ingredients are in a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino?
To make the perfect white chocolate mocha Frappuccino at home, collect the following ingredients:
- Strong coffee – You can use espresso coffee for the most robust Frappuccino or regular brewed coffee for a milder version that is just as delicious!
- Milk of choice. You can use any milk for the base mixture. I usually have whole milk at home because I like the full flavor, but low-fat milk or even your favorite milk alternatives will work in this recipe.
- Crushed ice or regular ice cubes are used for that refreshing touch. Crushed ice will give the quickest and best result, but you can also use regular ice cubes. Make sure to blend the mixture a bit longer to break up the ice properly.
- White chocolate sauce is the main sweetener in this blended drink. You can use a homemade version (check out the recipe here) or use a store-bought version if you have it at home already.
- Vanilla whipped cream is the perfect add-on for this drink. I’ve listed a quick and easy recipe for this a bit further down. If you don’t want to go through the trouble, you can also use regular whipped cream.
As you can see, with just a few ingredients, you’ll be able to enjoy a perfectly sweetened and refreshing drink in just a few minutes.
Let’s go over the best coffee to use and which coffee beans taste best in this recipe:
Which coffee is best used in this recipe?
There are a few different types of coffee that you can use for this recipe, depending on your preferences.
- If you want a strong Frappuccino, you can use espresso. This will give the drink a nice flavor and a lot of caffeine.
- For a milder version, you can use brewed coffee instead of espresso. This will give the drink less caffeine and a more mellow flavor.
You can also experiment with different types of milk and the amount of white chocolate sauce to find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
For example, if you can only make espresso at home but don’t like the strength, you can use a bit more white chocolate sauce to offset some of the strength of the espresso.
Whichever type of coffee you use, ensure it is fresh and delicious for the best results. You can check out my thoughts on the best coffee beans to use below:
What kind of coffee beans taste best in this Frappuccino?
Of all the coffee beans out there, dark or medium roast beans are going to taste the best in a Frappuccino.
This is because when it comes to making this frozen coffee beverage, the brewing technique used results in a more intense flavor.
So, if you want your Frappuccino to really pack a punch, go for a dark roast bean. But if you prefer a milder flavor, then a medium roast bean will do just fine.
You can check out my recommendations of coffee beans for various brewing techniques below:
- Best coffee beans for espresso
- Best coffee beans for French press
- Best coffee beans for Chemex (pour over coffee)
Now that you have the information about the best coffee to use, let me show you how to easily make vanilla-flavored whipped cream.
How to easily make vanilla whipped cream
Vanilla whipped cream is the perfect add-on for your white chocolate mocha Frappuccino.
The extra vanilla flavor will give the Frappuccino another flavor boost. You can quickly make it by following the steps below:
- Pour your whipping cream into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to the whipping cream.
- Whip the cream using an electric mixer (or use a whisk) until it forms stiff peaks.
- You’re done! Cover and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it for this Frappuccino.
If you don’t want to make vanilla whipped cream, you can also stick to regular whipped cream and add a splash of vanilla extract to the rest of the ingredients before blending it.
How do you make a white chocolate sauce at home?
A white chocolate sauce is a simple mixture of white chocolate and milk.
The white chocolate is melted along with the milk, making a thick and luxurious sauce that you can use for many coffee recipes.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the chocolate pieces to it.
- Stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a container and let it cool completely before using.
As you can see, with only two ingredients, you can make a delicious and decadent white chocolate sauce at home. It’ll look like this once finished:
You can check out the complete recipe here if you want to give this recipe a try yourself!
How do you make a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino at home?
Making a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino is easy and quick to do. Below, you’ll find an overview of the steps and some photos of the process.
For the complete recipe, scroll down a bit further.
- Brew the coffee of choice and let it cool completely.
- Combine the coffee, milk, and white chocolate sauce in a blender.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until desired consistency is reached. Aim for a slightly chunky and not overly smooth texture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- Top with vanilla whipped cream and some more white chocolate sauce if desired.
Now, let’s get into the complete recipe so that you can give this recipe a try:
- Three espresso shots (3 oz or 90 ml) or 1/2 cup (120 ml) of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of whole milk
- 1 cup (240 grams) of crushed ice (or regular ice cubes)
- 3 tbsp (45 grams) of white chocolate sauce
- A generous serving of vanilla whipped cream
- Start by brewing your strong coffee. You can use espresso or regular brewed coffee for this.
- Let the coffee cool completely before using it in the recipe for the best result.
- Pour the cooled coffee, milk, and two tablespoons of white chocolate sauce into your blender cup.
- Add the crushed ice or regular ice cubes to the blender as well.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for a few seconds until a slightly chunky and not overly smooth Frappuccino base appears.
- Pour the Frappuccino base into a tall glass of choice.
- Top with vanilla whipped cream (or regular whipped cream) and a drizzle of the remaining white chocolate sauce.
- Serve as soon as possible for the most refreshing drinking experience, and enjoy!
If you want to make this recipe in the early morning, you can brew your preferred coffee before heading to bed and let it cool in the fridge overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 22.2gSaturated Fat: 12.9gUnsaturated Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 30.5gSugar: 20.4gProtein: 7.2g
I hope you’ve found this article helpful and that you’ll give the white chocolate mocha Frappuccino a try. It’s really easy to make, and it tastes delicious.
With the homemade white chocolate sauce and vanilla whipped cream, you’ll be able to enjoy many Frappuccinos in the coming days!
Would you like to try a different flavor? Check out even more Frappuccino recipes below: