Mocha cookie crumble Frappuccinos have been around for a while now, but they’re still one of the most popular Starbucks drinks.
Unfortunately, they are also on the expensive side. If you’re looking to save some money at Starbucks, why not try making this recipe at home?
In this article, I’ll show you that you can quickly and easily make this refreshing drink at home. Here’s everything you need to know!
A mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino is a Starbucks Frappuccino made with mocha sauce, java chips, milk, and coffee. It’s topped with whipped cream, cookie crumble, and a drizzle of mocha sauce.
It’s a creamy, chocolaty drink that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and can be customized to your liking.
To make this drink into the best homemade version, you can use the ingredients you have at home.
Tip: This Frappuccino recipe uses the same base mentioned in this in-depth article. If this is your first time making a Frappuccino at home, I suggest reading that article first.
Let’s go over the ingredients below, so you can get an idea of what goes into this blended drink:
You can easily make a mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino with just six main ingredients:
- Strong coffee – You can use robust espresso coffee if you like a strong coffee flavor in your drink, or you can use brewed coffee for a lighter and sweeter flavor.
- Milk of choice – You can use the milk you prefer the most in this recipe. I usually prefer using whole milk for the fullest flavor, but if you have some low-fat milk or even your favorite dairy-free alternative in the fridge, feel free to use it.
- Mocha sauce is used as the sweetener for this drink. You can use a store-bought version if you have it or make it from scratch. I’ve listed the recipe for the homemade version further in the article.
- Java chips are used to give a chunky chocolatey flavor to this drink. If you want to know about java chips, like what exactly they are, and more, you can learn about them here.
- Oreo cookies – These delicious cookies are blended into the drink and are also used as a topping.
- Crushed ice or regular ice cubes are needed for that refreshing touch to this homemade drink.
- You can use a topping like whipped cream to make this drink even more decadent. I like that this will make the drink look even better as well.
As you can see from the ingredients listed above, there are quite a few. That is what makes this recipe so delicious.
It’s got the refreshing, crunchy, sweet, and robust flavors all packed into one drink!
Oreo cookies, of course! The combination of rich chocolate and smooth coffee is absolutely heavenly, and the cookies add an extra layer of flavor and texture that takes this drink to the next level.
The cookies blend in perfectly with the rest of the ingredients and will also crumble perfectly to finish off the drink.
However, you can also use a different cookie that you prefer. A chocolate chip cookie, for example, will also make a great topping.
Make sure that the cookie you use is soft enough to be blended into the drink.
If this is not the case, it’s best to use it only as a topping because you’ll get undrinkable cookie chunks in your Frappuccino.
I like to remove the middle part of the Oreo cookies for the topping. You can blend it with all of the other ingredients or eat them as a quick snack while making this delicious recipe!
How do you make the mocha sauce at home?
The mocha sauce is actually pretty easy to make at home and only requires a few simple ingredients.
All you need is some cocoa powder, sugar, and water. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a pot or saucepan and heat until everything is dissolved and the sauce is nice and smooth.
Once it’s ready, let it cool completely before using it for this recipe. It’ll look like this when finished:
If you’d like to try this recipe out for yourself, you can check out the complete recipe for it here.
The best part about making this mocha sauce at home is that you can use it for multiple Frappuccino recipes. I’ve listed a few recipes that also use the mocha sauce:
You can have a look at the easy steps involved with making a mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino at home below. I’ve also made some photos, so you can follow along easily.
For the complete recipe, scroll down a bit further.
- First, brew some fresh coffee. It’s best to let the coffee cool completely before using it.
- Next, pour the milk into a blender with the coffee, java chips, Oreo cookies, and mocha sauce.
- Add the crushed ice (or regular ice cubes) to the blender.
- Now, blend the mixture until slightly chunky and not overly smooth.
- Pour the Frappuccino mixture into a glass and top with whipped cream and a mocha sauce drizzle.
- Finally, top with crumbled cookies for an extra crunch. Enjoy!
As you can see from the photos above, this recipe is super quick to make at home.
Now that you have a good idea about this delicious drink, it’s time to put it to the test by following the complete recipe listed below:
Homemade Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
This homemade mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino is the perfect drink for the hot summer days or whenever you need a caffeinated iced drink!
- Three espresso shots (3 oz or 90 ml) or 1/2 cup (120 ml) of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of whole milk
- 1 cup (240 grams) of crushed ice (or regular ice cubes)
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of mocha sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of java chips
- 3 Oreo cookies
- A serving of whipped cream
- Start by brewing your coffee. For the best results, it's best to brew the coffee beforehand and let it cool completely before using it for this recipe.
- Add the (cooled) brewed coffee, milk, java chips, two crumbled Oreo cookies, and mocha sauce to your blender cup.
- Now, add the crushed ice (or regular ice cubes) to the blender cup.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for a few seconds. You're looking for a slightly chunky consistency without it being too smooth.
- Pour the blended Frappuccino mixture into a tall glass.
- Add a generous serving of whipped cream to the mixture.
- Top the whipped cream with a small amount of mocha sauce and the remaining crumbled Oreo cookie.
- Serve your homemade Frappuccino with a straw and enjoy it as soon as possible!
You can remove the middle part of the cookie for the best Oreo cookie crumbles. That way, you'll only add the cookie part to your Frappuccino.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 21.2gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 42.1gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 33.5gProtein: 6.6g
So, there you have it – a simple guide on making your own mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino at home.
If you’re a fan of the Frappuccino at Starbucks, I hope you’ll try this recipe. It’s easy to make and tastes just as delicious as the real thing.
And if you’re looking for more coffee inspiration, be sure to check out some of my other iced coffee recipes (linked below).