If you’re a coffee fan, then chances are you’ll love this homemade caramel Frappuccino recipe.
The combination of coffee, caramel, and whipped cream is a match made in heaven. This incredibly easy recipe doesn’t require any special equipment — just a blender and a little of your time.
Grab a mug of your favorite beverage and enjoy reading how you can make a caramel Frappuccino in just a few minutes:
What is a caramel Frappuccino?
A caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks is a delicious blended drink that is made with espresso, milk, ice, and caramel sauce. For an extra sweetness boost, you can add whipped cream and caramel sauce on top.
In this article, I’ll go over the homemade version of this delicious Frappuccino. The best part about making one at home is that you won’t have to leave the house, and you customize it to your taste!
Tip: This Frappuccino recipe uses the same base mentioned in this in-depth article. If this is your first time making a Frappuccino at home, I suggest reading that article first.
Below, you’ll find the ingredients that are needed to get started with the recipe. Then, I’ve also listed some great tips for making the best version and a homemade caramel sauce recipe.
Which ingredients are used in this recipe?
A caramel Frappuccino can be made with as few as five main ingredients for the ultimate treat. You’ll need the following items:
- Strong coffee – You can use brewed coffee or espresso. I prefer using espresso coffee for its powerful flavor, but brewed coffee is a fantastic alternative for a milder version.
- Milk – You can choose the milk you like the most. I usually go for whole milk because I like the full flavor, but any milk (even your favorite dairy-free milk) will make an amazing caramel Frappuccino base.
- Caramel sauce is used in the base of the drink and as a topping. You can make your own (full recipe here) or use a store-bought version if you have that on hand already.
- Crushed ice is used for the best results, but you can also use regular ice cubes. Keep in mind that the bigger ice cubes will have to blend longer than crushed ice.
- Your favorite topping like whipped cream is the perfect way to finish your homemade Frappuccino. Plus, it’ll add even more decadence to your drink!
The above-listed ingredients will make a perfect homemade caramel Frappuccino. If you want to add a few more delicious ingredients to your drink, feel free to experiment!
What are the best coffee beans for this recipe?
The best part about making this recipe at home is that you can completely customize this recipe to your taste.
That means you can use the coffee beans you like the most to make your espresso and brewed coffee.
There are a few different types of coffee beans that you can use for a caramel Frappuccino. I recommend the following:
- For a strong Frappuccino, you can use dark roasted coffee beans. These beans will give the drink a rich and full-bodied flavor.
- For a milder Frappuccino, you can use medium roasted coffee beans. These beans will provide a smoother and more balanced flavor.
Whichever type of bean you choose, make sure to grind the beans fresh for the best flavor.
If you’re still on the hunt for some great coffee beans to brew your that perfect cup of coffee, you can check out my favorites in the following articles:
- Best coffee beans for French press coffee
- Best coffee beans for Chemex (pour over coffee)
- Best coffee beans for espresso coffee
How do you make caramel sauce at home?
You can make caramel sauce at home in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect add-in for this Frappuccino, and you can also use it for even more homemade recipes like:
You can make caramel sauce by combining white granulated sugar, cold tap water, and heavy cream.
It’ll look like this when made at home:
Of course, if you don’t want to make your own caramel sauce, you can use your favorite store-bought version, as it’s easy to pick up and still has that delicious sweetness!
Tip: If you’d like to make salted caramel, add a tiny pinch of salt to the caramel or on top of your Frappuccino for an extra layer of flavor!
You can check out the complete recipe for the caramel sauce in this article. Over there, I’ll show you the easy-to-follow steps so you have the perfect basis for this Frappuccino.
How do you make a caramel Frappuccino at home?
I’ve listed a quick overview of how you can quickly make a caramel Frappuccino at home below. For the complete recipe, scroll down a bit further.
- Start by brewing your coffee. You can brew espresso coffee or regular coffee. Let it cool completely before using it for the best result.
- Add the cooled coffee, milk, and caramel sauce to your blender cup.
- Now, add the crushed ice or regular ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend the mixture at high speed. Aim for a slightly chunky consistency.
- Pour the Frappuccino mixture into a tall glass and top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Now that you have a good idea of how to make this delicious blended beverage follow the steps below to make your own!
- Three espresso shots (3 oz or 90 ml) or 1/2 cup (120 ml) of brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of whole milk
- 1 cup (240 grams) of crushed ice (or regular ice cubes)
- 3 tbsp (45 grams) of caramel sauce
- A serving of whipped cream
- It's best to start preparing your coffee beforehand. Brew the espresso shots or brewed coffee and let it cool completely before using it in this recipe for the best results.
- Then add the cooled coffee, milk, and two tablespoons of caramel sauce to a blender cup.
- Add the crushed ice (or use regular ice cubes instead) to your blender cup.
- Blend the mixture on high speed until a slightly chunky Frappuccino base appears.
- Pour the Frappuccino base into a tall glass of choice.
- Top with a generous amount of whipped cream.
- Finish your caramel Frappuccino by drizzling the remaining caramel sauce on top of the whipped cream.
- I like to serve my drinks with a straw for easy sipping. Enjoy it as soon as possible!
If you want to make this Frappuccino in the early morning, you can brew the coffee of choice before heading to bed. Then, allow it to cool completely in the fridge overnight, so you can easily blend the mixture within minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5.3gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 60.3mgCarbohydrates: 45.5gSugar: 45.4gProtein: 4g
So, there you have it! My recipe for a delicious caramel Frappuccino made at home with my easy-to-follow homemade caramel sauce.
You can customize it to your liking by adding various add-ins of choice. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
If you’d like to try out some more Frappuccino recipes, you can check out various flavored Frappuccinos below: