Turn to this iced mochaccino recipe when the heat is getting you down, and you need an iced coffee.
This iced mochaccino recipe will provide you with a delicious and refreshing treat that requires minimal effort to make.
The mix of chocolate, coffee, and milk provides an incredibly creamy and decadent taste that many people crave when the temperature rises.
In this article, I’ll guide you through all the steps that are involved in making this iced mochaccino at home. Let’s get started!
What is an iced mochaccino?
An iced mochaccino is a coffee drink that contains espresso, milk, and chocolate syrup. It is served cold with ice and sometimes whipped cream on top.
It’s made with the same ingredients as its hot counterpart, but this version of iced coffee is like a cold coffee with creamy foam on top.
The creamy foam is made using milk and then topped with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and some chocolate shavings.
It’s a treat you can enjoy in the early morning or when it’s getting hotter throughout the day.
Below, you’ll find the ingredients needed to make this iced coffee at home, how to make great espresso, and which coffee beans are best used for this recipe:
What ingredients are needed to make an iced mochaccino?
This iced mochaccino is made with three main ingredients and some additional components to make it even more delicious:
- Espresso coffee – You can use any coffee brewer to prepare the espresso coffee at home—more on this below.
- Low-fat milk is best used to create long-lasting cold foam. Any low-fat milk will do the trick. I’m using 2% fat milk.
- Chocolate syrup will give this iced drink its delicious flavor and chocolate flavor notes.
- Whipped cream is optional but makes the coffee even more decadent and has some added sweetness to it.
- Chocolate curls can be used to top your homemade mochaccino to make it look fantastic. Plus, it adds some more chocolate flavor to it!
- Ice cubes are used to turn this into a refreshing drink.
To make your drink even more robust in flavor, you can substitute the ice cubes for some homemade coffee ice cubes.
Coffee ice cubes are made by freezing freshly brewed coffee in an ice cube tray. You can then use it to cool your drink.
It’ll leave you with more coffee flavor as the coffee ice cubes start to melt slowly. You can check out this guide to make them at home!
How do you make cold foam at home?
To make cold foam at home, you’ll need an immersion blender and a container that’s deep enough for you to submerge the blender head.
Fill the container with the 2% fat milk, insert the immersion blender, and pulse until foamy. It’s as easy as that!
This is just one way to make cold foam at home. I’ve made a great list of five different ways you can make cold foam at home.
You can check out this article, where I’ll go over every step needed to make cold foam at home.
It’s a great technique and will bring some fantastic texture to this iced mochaccino!
How do you make good espresso at home?
The best espresso is made with an espresso machine. Fresh, high-quality beans are also important to produce the best flavor.
You can buy beans from a local roaster or online. Finally, proper technique is key to making good espresso.
It takes practice to learn how to extract the perfect shot of espresso, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to make cafe-quality espresso at home.
You can also make great espresso-like coffee using a stovetop espresso maker like the Moka pot or an AeroPress.
Both options make tasty and strong coffee that can be used in this recipe.
What are the best coffee beans to use for this recipe?
There are a lot of different coffee beans out there, and it really depends on your taste as to what is the best bean for you.
Some people prefer light roasts, while others prefer dark roasts; some people like fruity or floral flavors in their coffee, while others prefer more chocolatey or nutty flavors.
In general, I suggest using medium or dark roasted coffee beans for this recipe. The chocolate flavor and the added sweetness of the milk and whipped cream are best balanced with a stronger espresso shot.
If you’re using a light roast, you might not taste the coffee flavor at all, and it might not be that enjoyable.
Some good options are Brazilian coffee beans, Ethiopian coffee beans, or Indonesian coffee beans.
You can check out some of my favorite coffee beans for this recipe here. I’ve listed various coffee beans that work well when making a latte in that article.
I found that these coffee beans work amazingly with this recipe as well.
What is chocolate syrup, and how do you make it?
Chocolate syrup is a sweetened and chocolate-flavored sauce. It is made from cocoa powder, sugar, and cold tap water.
You can combine equal parts of the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat the mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved.
It’s easy to make at home, and you can use it to sweeten many iced coffees. It looks like this when it’s finished:
If you’re interested, you can check out this complete recipe for the chocolate syrup and give it a try yourself!
Now that you have all the information, you can check out the step-by-step recipe below and make this drink yourself:
- One espresso shot
- 2 oz (60 ml) of 2% fat milk
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of chocolate syrup
- Ice cubes
- Optional: a serving of whipped cream and some chocolate curls
- Start by brewing your espresso shot. Once brewed, cool it slightly by adding an ice cube to it.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes to about halfway. Make sure you use enough ice to make it as refreshing as possible.
- Cold foam your low-fat milk.
- Pour the cooled espresso shot into the ice-filled glass.
- Add the chocolate syrup to the glass and optionally give it a quick stir.
- Gently pour the cold foam on the espresso and chocolate syrup mixture.
- Optionally top with a serving of whipped cream and finish with some chocolate curls.
- Serve as soon as possible. You can serve this drink with a spoon so you can stir everything together. Enjoy!
You can brew the espresso before going to bed and cool it down in the fridge overnight so that you can make this drink in the early morning!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 6.2gSaturated Fat: 3.7gUnsaturated Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 9.8gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
An iced mochaccino is a refreshing iced coffee drink that is perfect for helping you beat the heat during summer.
All in all, making an iced mochaccino at home is a pretty easy process. You just need to follow a few simple steps, and you’ll be enjoying this delicious drink in no time.
Plus, it’s a lot cheaper than buying one from your favorite coffee shop. So why not give it a try? I’m sure you’ll love it!
You can check out some more iced coffee recipes below if you’re interested in some more refreshing coffees to try!