Sitting outside on a warm day and savoring a delicious latte is one of life’s most simple pleasures.
It’s also one of the best ways to get your caffeine fix to help you stay alert, and it can be a fun way to connect with friends or enjoy a little bit of “me time” while still being productive.
My favorite thing to do on hot summer days is to make my own iced oat milk latte.
This is such an easy recipe to make with only three ingredients, and it usually takes less than 5 minutes before I’m sitting outside with a cold drink in my hands.
In this article, I’ll show you the easy steps to making this iced latte yourself, so you can start enjoying this refreshing iced drink!
What is an iced oat milk latte?
An iced oat milk latte is a coffee drink made with oat milk, espresso coffee, and ice. It can be sweetened or unsweetened, and it can also be flavored with syrups or spices.
It’s similar to a traditional latte but uses oat milk instead of cow’s milk.
Iced oat milk lattes are a popular vegan alternative to traditional coffee drinks.
Oat milk is made from oats that have been soaked in water, blended, and strained. It has a creamy texture and a slightly sweet flavor that makes it a popular choice for many coffee drinks.
It’s a delicious add-in for many iced coffees (like this recipe), but you can also use it to add some creamy texture to your favorite cold brew coffee.
What ingredients are used in this recipe?
There are three components needed to make an iced oat milk latte at home:
- Espresso coffee will provide a robust coffee flavor for this drink.
- Oat milk makes this latte creamy and frothy.
- Ice cubes help make this drink cold and refreshing.
For this recipe, you can choose to use one or two espresso shots, depending on the strength level you like.
One espresso shot is broadly used and will give you a creamy and slightly sweet iced latte, while a double espresso shot will taste espresso-forward with an overall more robust flavor.
To cool this drink, you can use the regular ice cubes you have in the freezer, but you can also make some coffee ice cubes if you want to go the extra mile.
Coffee ice cubes are made by pouring brewed coffee into an ice cube tray and freezing it. Then, you can use it like regular ice cubes.
When the coffee ice cubes start melting, they’ll release more coffee flavor into your drink instead of water, so you’ll have a less watered-down latte!
You can check out this guide to learn how to make these handy ice cubes.
Which oat milk is best used in this recipe?
There are a lot of excellent oat milk options out there, but for this recipe, I recommend using either Califia Farms or Oatly.
Both of these brands make delicious oat milk that will work well in this recipe.
These types of oat milk also come in handy barista-style versions that make it easier to steam, which is great if you also like making a hot oat milk latte every once in a while.
I’m using the Oatly barista edition today as I like its taste, and I’ve been using it for my go-to oat milk over the past few years!
For this recipe, you can simply pour the oat milk into the glass without any preparation (which is the quickest way), or you can cold foam it for a more textured drink:
What is the best way to make cold foam?
Cold foam is made by shaking or blending milk until frothy milk arises.
There are a few ways to make cold foam:
- The simplest way is to put milk in a jar, close the lid tightly, and shake it until it becomes foamy.
- If you want to make a larger quantity of foam, you can place the milk in a stand mixer and blend at high speed.
These are just two of the five techniques that you can use to make cold foam at home.
Plus, I’ll show you each technique with a step-by-step guide, so you have all the knowledge to make it at home.
5 ways to sweeten your iced oat milk latte
There are many ways you can sweeten your iced oat milk latte; here are five of my favorite ways:
- Add a touch of honey or maple syrup to sweeten your drink.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top for an extra layer of flavor.
- Add some condensed milk to your iced latte for sweetness and creaminess.
- Add some syrups like vanilla, caramel, or brown sugar to give it extra flavor.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a delicious finishing touch!
Although this iced latte is delicious without a sweetener, you can add your favorite add-in to the mix to make it extra special.
Make sure to add the sweetener you like the most, so you can enjoy your iced coffee while slowly sipping on it.
Below, you’ll find the complete recipe for this drink, so you can start enjoying this drink within a few minutes:
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of oat milk
- One (or more) espresso shots
- Ice cubes
- Optional: a sweetener of choice
- Start by brewing your espresso coffee. Use one espresso shot if you like a milder and more creamy drink, or two if you prefer a stronger iced latte.
- After the espresso coffee is brewed, cool it down slightly. You can quickly cool it down by adding an ice cube to it.
- Fill a tall glass to about halfway with ice cubes.
- Add the oat milk to the ice-filled glass. You can cold foam the oat milk for more texture if you like.
- Finally, pour the espresso coffee into the glass.
- Now is an excellent time to add a sweetener if you prefer.
- Serve with a straw or long spoon, and enjoy!
If you want to make this in the early morning, brew the espresso coffee the night before and place it in the fridge overnight. The following day, you can quickly make this iced latte and be on your way!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 3.75gSaturated Fat: 0.75gUnsaturated Fat: 2.62gSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 5.25gProtein: 2.25g
How many calories are in an iced oat milk latte?
There are 90 calories in an iced oat milk latte. The number of calories is calculated without a sweetener.
If you like to sweeten your iced latte, then you’ll also increase the number of calories in your drink.
However, it’ll also make the perfect sweetened coffee you like to drink, so make sure to customize it to your liking!
So, there you have it! A delicious and easy way to make an iced oat milk latte at home. I hope you’ll give it a try.
This low-calorie drink is a delicious and refreshing summer drink, and I like that you can customize it with various add-ins to make it extra special.
If you like to try out some more iced coffee recipes, have a look below for a few of my favorite summer-ready coffees.