Move over pumpkin spice; there’s a new coffee on the block! The peanut butter latte is all the rage this season, and for a good reason.
This delicious drink is easy to make and tastes amazing. The best part? You can make it in just five minutes!
Keep reading to learn more about what a peanut butter latte is and how to make one yourself. You won’t be disappointed!
What is a peanut butter latte?
A peanut butter latte is a delicious coffee drink made with espresso, whole milk, and peanut butter. Peanut butter gives the latte a rich and nutty flavor, while the espresso provides a nice caffeine kick.
You can make peanut butter lattes with either hot or cold coffee, and they typically include other flavors like chocolate, caramel, or vanilla.
I’ll go in-depth about the difference between the hot and iced versions and the different ways to sweeten them later in the article.
First, let’s go over the ingredients needed to make a peanut butter latte yourself:
What ingredients are needed to make a peanut butter latte?
You’ll only need three main ingredients to make a peanut butter latte at home. These are the same ingredients needed to make the iced version (which I’ll cover below):
- Espresso coffee – You can use one or two espresso shots depending on the strength level you prefer.
- Milk of choice – Make sure to use the milk you have at home and like the most. I love to use whole milk for most lattes, so that’s what I’ve used today.
- Peanut butter – All-natural peanut butter is my go-to. With no added sugars, you can choose to add an additional sweetener later on.
This drink is perfect for those who love both lattes and peanut butter!
Now that you know what components are needed to make a peanut butter latte at home, let’s go over some more information so that you can make the best latte there is!
How do you froth milk at home?
There are a few ways to froth milk at home. One way is to use a handheld mixer.
To froth milk using a handheld mixer, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Pour the desired amount of milk into a small saucepan and heat it until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Transfer it into a wide-mouth jar or container, making sure it’s heatproof.
- Insert the end of the handheld mixer into the milk and pump it up and down until the milk is foamy. This will take about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Now you can use it in this delicious latte!
There are even more ways to froth milk at home. If you want to learn about five ways more ways, you can check out this complete article.
What are the best coffee beans for this recipe?
The best coffee beans for this recipe will be those that are medium to dark roasted, with a rich flavor.
Try to find beans that have been roasted recently, as they will have the most flavor. Some of my favorites include Brazilian, Guatemalan, and Colombian Supremo coffee beans.
If you instead want a milder flavor, you can use a blonde roast. These coffee beans have a higher caffeine content than dark roasts but have a more fruity flavor.
Tip: You can check out my recommendations for the best coffee beans for lattes here!
How do you make good espresso at home?
The best way to make espresso at home depends on the type of equipment you are using and your own personal preferences.
However, a few tips for making good espresso at home include:
- Use fresh, high-quality coffee beans, grinding them yourself just before brewing, using a good quality espresso machine and grinder.
- Experiment until you find the settings that produce the best results for you.
You don’t need an espresso machine to make great-tasting espresso-like coffee at home. Instead, you can use a Moka pot or an AeroPress.
If you’re interested in learning more about these coffee brewers, you can check out the pros and cons of the Moka pot and AeroPress.
In those articles, I’ll go over all the pros and cons of the coffee brewers to see if it’s a coffee brewer that will fit your needs.
Do you prefer using brewed coffee instead? Check out this article where I’ll show you how to make hot and iced peanut butter coffee!
Now that you have a good idea of how to make a peanut butter latte at home, it’s time to make one yourself with the recipe listed below:
5-Minute Peanut Butter Latte
This quick-to-make peanut butter latte is the perfect drink to start your day off right!
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of whole milk
- One espresso shot
- 1 tbps (15 grams) of peanut butter
- Start by brewing your espresso coffee. I'm using an espresso machine today.
- Meanwhile, steam the milk. Make sure there's a nice layer of foam on top so that you can create the latte layers we all know and love.
- Add the peanut butter to a tall glass of choice.
- Pour the hot espresso coffee on top and give it a good stir so that all the flavors are well combined.
- Slowly pour in the steamed milk and top with the milk foam.
- Optionally, you can add a sweetener to your peanut butter latte.
- Serve with a long spoon, and enjoy!
If you prefer a more robust latte, you can use a double espresso shot. Rather make it iced? Check out the easy steps below this recipe card.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 5.1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 11.3gFiber: 1gSugar: 11.1gProtein: 10g
Can you also make an iced peanut butter latte?
At home, you can easily make an iced peanut butter latte. It might even be easier than the hot version. It requires the same ingredients:
- Cooled espresso coffee
- Milk of choice
- Peanut butter coffee
For the iced version, it’s best to cool the espresso beforehand. You can also use cold brew instead.
I recommend making espresso cold brew or cold brew concentrate if you want to use cold brew in your iced peanut butter latte.
You can follow the steps listed below to make the iced version:
- To make an iced peanut butter latte, simply brew your coffee as you normally would.
- Then add in some peanut butter (I like to use natural, unsweetened peanut butter) and stir until combined.
- Add in some milk of your choice (I prefer whole milk) and sweetener to taste, then pour over ice and enjoy!
If you’re using cold brew coffee, it’s best to stir in the peanut butter so it has time to dissolve.
You can choose to make some cold foam as a topping to finish this iced version, or you can use some whipped cream.
How do you sweeten a peanut butter latte?
You can sweeten a peanut butter latte by adding sugar, honey, or another sweetener to the coffee right after adding the milk to the glass.
A few of my favorite sweeteners that work well with both the hot and iced version of the peanut butter latte include:
Whatever you decide to add as sweetener, make sure to enjoy your delicious peanut butter latte!
So, there you have it! My guide to making a delicious peanut butter latte. Whether you choose to make it hot or cold, I hope you enjoy this drink as much as I do.
I like that you can customize the hot and cold versions so that it’s the perfect drink for your taste buds!
If you like to drink a latte on the regular, you can check out some more amazing latte recipes below: