If you’ve imagined how to make your Chai tea latte taste better, you’re not alone. Starbucks’ main menu is full of yummy drinks like the popular Frappuccino.
But did you know that Starbucks has a secret menu of drinks?
Some popular Starbucks secret menu drinks include the Squid Game Frappuccino, Butterbeer Frappuccino, the Sour Patch Kid Drink, and Twix Frappuccino. You can order these drinks by ordering the base drink and then customizing it.
In this article, I’ll discuss some of the most delicious Starbucks secret menu drinks and teach you how to customize base drinks to make them.
Technically, there is no “secret menu” at Starbucks. You’re customizing other menu options when you order one of these special drinks.
The secret menu idea became popularized through social media, which is why many people believe it’s real even though it’s not.
There’s no hidden menu that exists at Starbucks. However, many baristas are familiar with customers talking about the secret menu, so they’ll still understand what you mean.
However, you can’t ask for these drinks by their “secret” name; instead, you have to ask for the base drink and add customizations.
When making any of the below drinks, you’ll need to be very specific about what you want. That way, the barista making your order can customize it accurately.
What customizations does Starbucks offer?
You can add and change several ingredients to your Starbucks coffee to change the flavor, making a “secret” drink.
These are the ingredients that Starbucks can customize for you:
- Dairy products: Starbucks offers whole milk, 2% milk, and non-fat milk. They also have many milk alternatives, including soy, almond, and coconut milk. Changing the dairy in your drink can change the taste of the drink.
- Syrups: Starbucks has a variety of syrups you can pick from. A few include caramel, raspberry, and hazelnut syrups. You can also ask for extra syrups to enhance the drink’s flavor.
- Sauces: Starbucks’ sauce is thicker than its syrup and has different uses. Some popular sauces include dark caramel, white chocolate mocha, and caramel sauce. You can use them to change the flavor of your coffee by switching the sauces or adding new ones.
- Toppings: Starbucks has plenty of different toppings you can add or remove from your drinks. Some include java chips, whipped cream, and cookie crumbles.
While Starbucks has many incredible secret drinks, I will focus on some of the tastiest and most popular ones.
Popular fandoms, certain ingredients, and fan-favorite dishes inspired these drinks, making them popular on social media.
These are 20 secret menu drinks you’ll want to try:
1. Twix Frappuccino
The Twix Frappuccino is a derivative of the marvelous caramel Frappuccino. This caramel-drizzled cream taste gets stuck in your tongue long after you’ve had a caramel Frappuccino drink and leaves a delightful aftertaste.
Frappuccinos are easy to make at home, but this one requires a trip to the store. To have a Twix Frappuccino, add an extra to every ingredient in a caramel drink.
This secret Starbucks drink contains a lot of caffeine, perfect for a morning pick-me-up!
How to order a Twix Frappuccino: You can’t order it over the counter because it isn’t a fixed item on the menu. Instead, follow these steps:
- Order a caramel Frappuccino.
- Add two pumps of hazelnut syrup.
- Add extra java chips.
- Add extra caramel sauce.
- Top it off with extra mocha drizzle.
2. Butterbeer Frappuccino
This one is for all Harry Potter fans out there. You might not be able to make it to Hogsmeade to sip on a frothy butterbeer, but a Butterbeer Frappuccino is the next best option.
You’d think Butterbeer Frappuccino is an alcoholic drink going by the name, but it’s not. It blends vanilla beans, ice, milk, and other creamy ingredients. The base of the Butterbeer Frappuccino is the popular Creme Frappuccino.
How to order a Butterbeer Frappuccino: This non-caffeinated drink is an upgraded version of a traditional Creme Frappuccino. Here are the steps to order it:
- Order a Creme Frappuccino.
- Ask for three pumps of caramel syrup and toffee nut syrup.
- Add caramel drizzle on top.
This combination will do, but if you want to add more magic to your Butterbeer Frappuccino, use a whole milk base or oat milk as a dairy-free alternative.
3. White Chocolate Pink Drink
Instead of choosing between a white chocolate drink or a strawberry drink, why not combine both?
Starbucks customers have found a way to shake up the once-secret Starbucks Pink Drink by creating a two-layered secret menu that gives you chocolate and strawberry in one sip.
How to order a Chocolate White Drink: Like every other secret drink, you have to order a White Chocolate Pink Drink by customizing the base drink. Here are the steps to order this drink:
- Order a Pink Drink.
- Add three pumps each of chocolate mocha sauce and vanilla.
4. Squid Game Frappuccino
The Squid Game Frappuccino was created by TotallytheBomb, inspired by the Netflix hit series.
The drink mirrors the movie’s logo and the guards’ outfits with its fruity base and chocolate topping.
How to order a Squid Game Frappuccino: The Squid Game Frappuccino is a fruity version of the White Chocolate Pink Drink:
- Order a strawberry creme Frappuccino.
- Ask for a scoop of dragonfruit inclusion.
- Add two scoops of white chocolate mocha sauce.
- Top it off with mocha drizzle.
5. The Sour Patch Kid Drink
This drink takes after the popular Sour Patch Kids candy. Due to its high sugar content, this drink is excellent at giving you extra energy on a lazy or stressful day. It’s also very refreshing on hot days.
The Sour Patch Kid drink has become a customer’s favorite since @kortneyAndKarlee posted it on TikTok, gathering over forty thousand likes on the platform. The drink’s key ingredients include tart lemonade and some fruity flavors.
How to order a Sour Patch Kid Drink: The Sour Patch Kid drink comes from the base drink Venti Lemonade:
- Order a venti lemonade.
- Add six pumps of raspberry syrup and strawberry puree.
You can reduce the number of syrup pumps or take a smaller cup of the original recipe if you fancy a Sour Patch Kid drink but want to avoid excess sugar.
6. Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino
Raspberry Cheesecake is one of the most beloved desserts of all time.
Vincoeats on Instagram created a secret Starbucks secret menu from the popular White Mocha Frappuccino that tastes exactly like an indulgent, creamy raspberry cheesecake.
This drink contains caffeine.
How to order a Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino: Here are the customizations to ask for to get a raspberry cheesecake:
- Start by ordering a White Mocha Frappuccino.
- Add a pump of hazelnut.
- Add one pump of raspberry.
- Add caramel crunch at the base of your drink.
- You could also add an optional light strawberry puree to the drink.
7. Thin Mint Frappuccino
The Thin Mint Frappuccino has the perfect combination of creamy chocolate and mint. If this combination is to your liking, this might be the drink for you.
How to order a Thin Mint Frappuccino: This drink is a modification of the Chocolate Chip Creme Frappuccino. Here are the customizations to make:
- Order a Chocolate Chip Creme Frappuccino without classic syrup as a base.
- Add a pump of mocha sauce.
- Add two pumps of peppermint syrup or four if you order a venti.
- Ask the barista to add a mocha cookie crumble topping to your whipped cream.
- Add matcha powder to sweeten the drink and add color.
8. Pumpkin Pie Frappuccino
Autumn is never really complete without pumpkin spice products.
Over the years, Starbucks has served its customers pumpkin-flavored products like the Pumpkin Spice Latte, the popular Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, and the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.
However, the ever-creative Starbucks customers have shaken up the popular Pumpkin Creme Frappuccino. They’ve created another exciting pumpkin-flavored drink – the Pumpkin Pie Frappuccino.
Regrettably, pumpkin-spiced products only last as long as autumn, making this a seasonal drink.
If you want to know which Frappuccinos are available now, check out this complete menu list.
How to order a Pumpkin Pie Frappuccino: This drink is a customized version of the Pumpkin Cream Frappuccino. Here are the steps to order this drink:
- Order a Pumpkin Cream Frappuccino with heavy cream or oat milk as a dairy-free alternative.
- Add two pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup if you want a grande and four for a venti.
- Add cinnamon powder and cinnamon dolce sprinkles on top.
Chai-der is a combination of apple cider and the popular Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, which originates from the native Indian mixture of black tea leaves and other spices:
The Chai Tea Latte quickly became popular among the more health-conscious Starbucks customers.
Chai-der is simply a sweetened Chai Tea Latte. Adding apple cider and other ingredients like cinnamon, caramel, and other spices makes the original Chai Tea Latte sweeter and more enjoyable while retaining its health benefits.
How to order a Chai-der: There are multiple ways to order this drink. I’ve included the easiest way below:
- Order a grande Caramel Apple Spice with only half the usual amount of cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Use chai concentrate as a substitute for the missing half of the cinnamon dolce syrup.
Chai-der is usually moderately sweet, but you can add more syrup to make it sweeter.
10. Fruitcake Frappuccino
Starbucks added a fruitcake Frappuccino to their menu in 2016, but it was quickly removed, to the disappointment of all fruitcake lovers.
However, the Fruitcake Frappuccino eventually returned and is now available to order.
How to order a Fruitcake Frappuccino: The Fruitcake Frappuccino is a customized version of the White Mocha Frappuccino. Here are the steps to order it:
- Order a White Mocha Frappuccino with two pumps of Mocha.
- Add two pumps of hazelnut syrup.
- Add one pump of raspberry syrup.
- Add a scoop of strawberry inclusion.
- An optional step is to add strawberry pieces and chestnut praline toppings.
11. Cookie Butter Chai
Tea is nutritious, but its muted taste isn’t always suitable for a fun drink. If you want a more exciting tea-based drink, try the Cookie Butter Chai.
How to order a Cookie Butter Chai: A Cookie Butter Chai builds off the popular Iced Chai Tea Latte. Here are the customizations to ask for:
- Order a Grande Iced Chai Tea Latte with soy milk.
- Ask the barista to add two pumps of brown sugar syrup.
- Add brown butter topping.
12. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Drink
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a drink made by customizing an Iced White Chocolate Mocha.
It takes the ingredients in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and adds them to a classic White Chocolate Mocha.
How to order a Cinnamon Toast Crunch: You can order this drink by customizing an Iced White Chocolate Mocha:
- Start by ordering a Venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha.
- Ask for two pumps of white chocolate mocha.
- Add three pumps of cinnamon dolce.
- Top it off with whipped cream, cinnamon, and raw sugar.
13. Starbucks Nutella Frappuccino
People love Nutella for its great taste and creamy chocolate flavor. This drink has become so popular that it has even low-calorie versions.
How to order a Starbucks Nutella Frappuccino: The Starbucks Nutella drink is easy to order and make:
- Start by ordering a Grande Mocha Frappuccino.
- Add two shots of Hazelnut syrup.
- Add one pump of toffee nut syrup.
- Top it off with whipped cream and a caramel or mocha drizzle.
14. Nutella Drink
While similar to the Nutella Frappuccino, this drink is slightly different. Unlike the previous one, this one isn’t a Frappuccino and is made from a Caffè Misto:
How to order a Nutella Drink: You can order this drink by modifying a Caffè Misto:
- Order a regular Caffè Misto.
- Add an extra pump of chocolate syrup and hazelnut syrup.
- Top it off with caramel drizzle.
15. Caramel Cookie Bar Frappuccino
The Caramel Cookie Bar Frappuccino is the perfect blend of delicious caramel cookie bars and a classic Frappuccino.
How to order a Caramel Cookie Bar Frappuccino: This drink builds off the classic Caramel Frappuccino and heightens the taste of caramel and hazelnut:
- Order a Caramel Frappuccino.
- Add one pump of hazelnut syrup for a small cup and two pumps for a bigger cup.
- Ask for java chips, whip cream blended in, and caramel sauce.
- Finally, top it off with mocha drizzle.
Pink-A-Colada is a leveled-up version of the standard piña colada. It is a fruity drink made of pineapple and coconut flavor with a touch of strawberry.
How to Order a Pink-a-Colada: This drink heightens the tropical flavors of a standard Starbucks Pink Drink. The following customizations are for a Venti-sized drink:
- Order a Pink Drink.
- Ask the barista to add four pumps of pineapple ginger syrup to the Pink Drink.
- Top it with sweet vanilla cream cold foam with two pumps of pineapple ginger syrup and strawberry puree.
17. Dole Whip Frappuccino
The Dole Whip Frappuccino is one of the latest coffee drinks on Starbucks’ secret drinks list.
The pineapple drink was created from a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino and quickly became a fan-favorite since Lauren Godwin shared it on TikTok. Many have compared the drink to Disneyworld’s famous Dole Whip.
How to order a Dole Whip Frappuccino: This drink is made by customizing a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino:
- Start by ordering a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino without the milk.
- Add sweet cream and a pineapple base.
- You can add coconut flavoring for a more tropical sensation.
18. Andes Mint Cold Brew
This Christmas-themed drink is a smooth blend of mint, chocolate, and caffeine, making it perfect for the season. It’s one of the easiest to order.
How to order an Andes Mint Cold Brew: This drink is a modification of a Venti Cold Brew:
- Order a venti cold brew.
- Add three pumps of white mocha syrup and regular cold foam.
- Add two pumps of peppermint syrup and blend it in.
- Add chocolate curls on top.
19. Purple Drink
The Purple Drink is perfect for summer. This iced beverage combines the refreshing taste of Starbucks’ Passion Iced Tea with the taste of berries and a soy-milk base.
How to order a Purple Drink: This drink is a modification of Passion Iced Tea:
- Start by ordering Passion Iced Tea.
- Add soy milk.
- Add vanilla syrup in your preferred quantity.
- Add any berry you want.
20. Baby Yoda Frappuccino
The name Baby Yoda originates from the character later known as Grogu in the Mandalorian series. The drink mimics Baby Yoda’s appearance on the show.
How to order a Baby Yoda Frappuccino: This green and brown Frappuccino is a customized version of a Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino:
- Start by ordering a Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino.
- Ask your barista to add a caramel drizzle around the cup, which mimics Baby Yoda’s cloak.
- Add whipped cream, caramel, and caramel ribbon crunchies on top.
More great Starbucks drinks
Ready to learn more about what kind of drinks Starbucks has?
Below you will find all the lists I’ve created so far:
- Best Starbucks Caramel Drinks
- Best Starbucks Cold Brew Drinks
- Best Starbucks Decaf Drinks
- Best Starbucks Drinks for Kids
- Best Starbucks Espresso Drinks
- Best Starbucks Frappuccino Drinks
- Best Starbucks Holiday Drinks
- Best Starbucks Hot Drinks
- Best Starbucks Iced Coffee Drinks
- Best Starbucks Latte Flavors
- Best Starbucks Oat Milk Drinks
- Best Starbucks Protein Drinks
- Best Starbucks Vanilla Drinks
And for even more information about Starbucks, check out the Starbucks hub here!
As you can see, there are many different secret menu drinks that you can order from Starbucks.
You can make plenty of customizations to alter your favorites’ flavor completely.
You’re certain to find your new go-to order from one of the options above.