Do you love blueberries?
Well, what if I told you that you could mix it with your favorite iced coffee?
Yes, you can! If you are interested, then read this article to learn how to make a blueberry iced coffee at home.
So if you’re looking for an original recipe to impress others, look no further than here!
What is a blueberry iced coffee?
If you have never heard of a blueberry iced coffee, then let me tell you now.
A blueberry iced coffee is simply a drink made from mixing your favorite kind of iced coffee with homemade blueberry syrup, fresh blueberries and is topped with cold foam.
This is almost the same as the blueberry latte, but here, we’re going to mix it with iced coffee instead of hot!
What ingredients are in a blueberry iced coffee?
There are a few ingredients we need to make this blueberry iced coffee.
However, these ingredients depend on the preference of each person. So you can add/remove any ingredient you like:
- Brewed coffee
- Blueberry syrup
- 2% fat milk (for cold foam)
- Ice cubes
For this recipe, you can use any brewed coffee you like. I’ll talk more about the different coffee brewers to use further down.
The blueberry syrup can be homemade, and I’ve made an easy-to-follow recipe for that as well. The flavor is insane and will work so well with iced coffee as the basis.
To make this iced coffee a bit more interesting, you can choose to add a bit of cold foam to your drink.
Cold foam can easily be made at home (check out this recipe for five techniques) and will give your iced coffee some more flavor and a bit of texture from the foam.
You can top the drink with some blueberries to make it pop a bit more. For this, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries, whichever you have at hand.
If you plan on sitting out in the sun, I recommend preparing some coffee ice cubes to cool your coffee.
Coffee ice cubes are made by freezing brewed coffee in an ice cube tray and then using them the same way as regular ice cubes.
The coffee ice cubes will melt slowly and leave more coffee flavor in your blueberry iced coffee instead of diluting your coffee with water from regular ice cubes.
If you want to know how to make them at home, you can check out the full recipe here.
What is the best coffee for this recipe?
The great thing about iced coffee is the way you can prepare the coffee.
You can choose your favorite coffee brewer and coffee beans for Your Dream Coffee.
Filtered coffee has a more mellow flavor, which I like in combination with the blueberry syrup and cold foam.
I like to use medium roasted coffee beans for these techniques for the most balanced flavor profile, but you can also use a darker roast if you prefer.
A more robust cup of coffee can be made using a French press. You can also use medium or dark roasted coffee beans for this brewing technique.
You can check out my beginner’s guide to brewing coffee if you want to learn all about making the best coffee at home!
These are some of my favorite ways to make iced coffee, but you can also make iced coffee with a Nespresso or Keurig machine, depending on your preference.
I suggest playing around with the different brewing techniques and coffee beans to make a blueberry iced coffee that suits your flavor perfectly!
How do you make the blueberry syrup?
Blueberry syrup is easy to make and uses fresh or frozen blueberries.
To make your own blueberry syrup at home, check out my recipe here!
That one will go into full depth on creating that syrup at home in less than 5 minutes.
What blueberries to use for a blueberry iced coffee?
What kind of blueberries you will need depends on how tart or sweet you like your blueberry iced coffee.
Blueberries are naturally tart, so if you want a sweeter taste, make sure to buy fresh blueberries, as they tend to be a bit sweeter.
If you want blueberry flavor with a little tartness, then frozen blueberries are the way to go. They are usually cheaper and keep well for long in the freezer.
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of blueberry syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of cold foam
- Ice cubes
- Optionally: a few blueberries to finish the drink
- The first step to making amazing blueberry iced coffee is brewing the coffee of choice.
- Once you've brewed the coffee, let it cool completely. The best way is to prepare the coffee a day before and let it cool in the fridge until you're ready to use it. You can also add a few ice cubes to speed up this process.
- Add the blueberry syrup to a tall glass.
- Then, add a handful of ice cubes to the glass. Fill the glass to about halfway for a refreshing drink.
- Pour the cooled, brewed coffee into the glass.
- And last but not least, cold foam the milk.
- Once the milk is cold foamed, add it to the glass and top it off with a few blueberries!
- All there's left to do now is to enjoy your homemade blueberry iced coffee. Serve the coffee with a straw, so you can slowly sip on it while sitting out in the sun.
If you want your iced coffee on the sweeter side, make sure to add a bit more blueberry syrup to your drink.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Sodium: 15mgSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
Frequently asked questions about the blueberry iced coffee recipe
Let’s go over some frequently asked questions about the blueberry iced coffee recipe to make sure you know everything!
How long does the blueberry syrup last?
The blueberry syrup can last up to a week in the fridge, but I would definitely make it fresh every time you want a drink or maybe even eat some with ice cream or yogurt too. It’s that good!
However, if you are making this for guests to enjoy, I would recommend doubling your recipe so there is enough for everyone!
How many calories are in a blueberry iced coffee?
This blueberry iced coffee recipe contains about 87 calories per serving.
But you can make this even healthier by using less blueberry syrup and leaving out the cold foamed milk!
How does a blueberry iced coffee taste?
Blueberry iced coffee tastes sweet and refreshing. The added cold foam makes the iced coffee have a bit of texture; it’s a fun drinking experience.
Most people love a good berry flavor in their drinks – especially one that is slightly tart but still sweet, making it the perfect combination for a tasty drink.
Even if you’re not a big fan of berries, I would highly recommend trying it at least once to see if you might change your mind. But be warned: This drink might become addictive!
What goes well with blueberries?
You can pair almost anything with a blueberry drink. If you’re going to serve this as a party drink, then I would recommend trying it with different cocktails and deserts.
You could even try serving these blueberry drinks next to a fruit salad or fresh berries! You can’t go wrong.
5 recipe variations tips to make your own unique blueberry iced coffee
Don’t feel limited to this blueberry iced coffee recipe. Here are five different tips/ideas for making your own unique version of this recipe:
- Use another flavored syrup along with the blueberry syrup – you can make your own or buy it at the store. You could try pumpkin spice, caramel, or even mint if you want an after-dinner drink.
- Add some dark chocolate shavings into your blueberry iced coffee – it tastes amazing together!
- Try adding pumpkin spice cold foam instead of regular cold foam for a slightly spicy kick to your blueberry iced coffee!
- Instead of using brewed coffee, use cold brew concentrate. Add in a few tablespoons of cold brew concentrate with enough water to fill your glass.
- Mix together the blueberry mixture with some sparkling water for a bubbly drink – perfect for summer!
Sounds delicious, right?
That’s it! Wasn’t that easy?
You now have a tasty coffee drink you can make by yourself at home, or enjoy with friends and show off your new skills.
And remember, since this is made completely from scratch with no store-bought syrups involved, it will be fresher than what you would get in most shops.
So savor every sip!
Do you have any questions about how to make a blueberry iced coffee recipe? And would you rather drink this as a hot or cold beverage?
Let me know in the comments below!