Have you always wondered if it is possible to make iced coffee using a Nespresso machine? Then you are in the right place.
This article will tell you all about making some amazing iced coffee using Nespresso coffee pods. The recipe is easy to follow, and you can make it in an instant.
Making this iced coffee recipe is not hard at all, and because of this, it’s ideal for those hot summer days when you want a nice cold drink.
Are you ready to learn all about it? Grab a nice cup of coffee and start reading away!
What is a Nespresso iced coffee?
A Nespresso iced coffee is an iced coffee made with coffee from a Nespresso pod of your choice. The fun part about making iced coffee using this method is that you get to choose what coffee flavor you’d like the coffee to be.
This iced coffee will be made using the following items:
- A coffee pod of your choice
- Ice cubes
- Milk of your choice
- A sweetener like sugar or a coffee syrup (optional)
That’s all you need for this delicious iced coffee recipe. Down below, I’ll give you my recommendation about which coffee pods I like to use and give you an insight into how I made this choice.
Best Nespresso coffee pods to use
This is the most important part of this iced coffee recipe. You will need to choose your favorite coffee pods of Nespresso to use. But what if you don’t have any experience with Nespresso pods? This is where I come in.
Because of the amount of milk used in this recipe, you want to pick a Nespresso pod with a good amount of flavor in it.
The coffee pods that I recommend for this recipe are the coffees that have been dark roasted.
These coffee pods start from level 9 of the intensity scale of Nespresso. Choose an espresso variant for this recipe to really give that amazing iced coffee feeling.
If you’d like to use a Lungo pod instead of an espresso coffee pod, please feel free to do so. But be careful with the amount of milk you’re going to add.
The Lungo pods will produce more coffee than the espresso pods, and you might want to add less milk to balance it out.
Also, make sure the Lungo coffee pods are strong in flavor. You need to balance the flavors between the milk and the coffee a bit.
How to make iced coffee using a Nespresso machine
This coffee machine is amazing, and the Aerocinno milk frother is amazing to make this iced coffee with. Because this milk frother has many options to foam the milk, it’s perfect for this recipe.
We’re going to be using the cold foam froth for this recipe, as this is an iced coffee, and we don’t want to use hot milk to make it.
Make sure you have the following items to get started with this recipe:
- Nespresso machine
- Milk frother with a cold froth function
- Nespresso pod of your choice
- Half a cup of milk of your choice (120 ml)
- Ice cubes
- Your favorite sweetener (optional)
Now that you’ve gathered all the equipment you’re going to use for this recipe; it’s time to get started. Down below, I’ve made a step-by-step guide to making iced coffee using a Nespresso machine:
1. Start by turning on your Nespresso machine and make sure there’s enough water in the reservoir.
2. Preheat your Nespresso machine by running water through the machine by pressing the Lungo button once. Make sure there’s an empty coffee cup to catch the water. Throw this water out and place the cup back under the Nespresso machine.
3. Now, get your milk out of the refrigerator and pour the milk of your choice in the Aerochinno milk frother and turn the machine on. Press and hold the button for 2-5 seconds until the blue circle turns on.
This can change depending on what version you’re using at home. The milk frother should not give off a red color because this is for the making of warm milk. The blue circle indicates that cold milk is being foamed.
4. Add your coffee pod to your Nespresso machine and press the button. The coffee will now start to come out. The Nespresso machine will pour the coffee into your already preheated coffee cup.
5. Grab some ice cubes and add them to your cup; pour the hot espresso on top of your ice cubes and stir them:
6. The milk is all fluffy and frothed. Swirl the milk around inside its container. This is to make sure that milk is thoroughly mixed together with the foam on top:
7. Pour the frothed milk on top of your cold coffee. Your iced Nespresso coffee is now finished. Now is the time to add your favorite sweetener and other add-ons you like to use:
I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top of my iced coffee because the slight taste of cinnamon is delicious in iced coffee. You should give it a try; you’ll love it.
Below, I’ve listed a recipe card so you can easily recheck the steps or print it for future reference:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l ) milk of choice
- One Nespresso pod of choice
- Ice cubes
- Optionally: a sweetener
- Turn your Nespresso machine on.
- Preheat the machine by letting the water run through. You can do so by pressing one of the buttons.
- Now, cold foam your milk using the milk frother.
- Press and hold for a few seconds until the light turns blue; this indicates that the milk will produce cold foam.
- Meanwhile, add the coffee pod of choice to the machine.
- Let the coffee run through the machine.
- Grab another glass and fill this with ice cubes.
- Pour the espresso on top of the ice-filled glass and give this a good stir.
- Lastly, add the cold foamed milk to your cooled espresso-filled glass.
You've now made an amazing iced coffee using your Nespresso machine!
You can add a sweetener of choice to the coffee whenever you want. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the coffee.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 3.9gSaturated Fat: 2.2gUnsaturated Fat: 0.9gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 5.5gSugar: 6.4gProtein: 3.9g
The nutritional information is based on the use of whole milk. If you're going to use a different dairy, the number of calories may change.
Best milk or milk alternative to use
This recipe calls for half a cup of milk or 120 ml. Because milk plays a vital role in making a delicious iced coffee, I want to briefly touch on which milk or milk alternative I recommend using.
For this recipe, I’ve used soy milk. This milk alternative is amazing to use as it froths super easy and tastes delicious at the same time.
But because there are so many milk choices and alternatives, I know it can be quite overwhelming.
Keep in mind the following when picking the milk of your choice:
- Cow’s milk, like 2% fat, gives off amazing foam. Which will look and taste amazing for this recipe.
- Any milk alternative will foam up a bit, but not the same amount as cows milk.
If you want that foamy and creamy milk on top of your iced coffee, I recommend using cow’s milk. This will give you the best foam possible. The air bubbles it produces are amazing.
Do you want to use a milk alternative? Choose one that suits your flavor. If you’d like your iced coffee to have a slight coconut taste, go with coconut milk and so forth.
Neutral flavors will work best for this iced coffee. Because you want to taste the coffee, avoid using a milk alternative where the coffee completely disappears.
The choices are endless, and Your Dream Coffee is all about finding and brewing your favorite coffee that suites your flavor profile.
Differences between foamed and non-foamed milk
When you’ve chosen between the milk and milk alternatives, there is also a choice to be made between foaming or not foaming the milk.
For this recipe, I like to foam the milk. The foamed milk will give you an amazing taste sensation; this is because the foamed milk and ice will start to mix and make for a great mouthfeel.
However, if you don’t own a milk frother, there is no need to panic. Because this is an iced coffee recipe, the other option you have is just adding your milk to the iced coffee without foaming it.
Although you won’t have that taste sensation, you will still get to enjoy this amazing iced coffee.
I used soy milk to make my iced coffee. You can see the foamy soy milk in the photos above. It suits my flavor and is delicious to drink in an iced version of coffee. I think you’ll love it as much as I do.
If you have one of these handheld milk foamers at home, you can use this to slightly foam the milk of your choice.
This is an amazing little foamer that will help you achieve the foam on the milk you’re looking for.
Tip: You can also check out the article I wrote about making cold foam five ways if you want to learn more.
This was a fun article to write. I’ve made this version of iced coffee a ton of times already and wanted to share it with you.
Now you know how to make iced coffee using a Nespresso machine, and you get to make this easy recipe whenever you feel like it.
I hope to welcome you back to the blog very soon; if you are interested in reading about even more delicious recipes, you can check them out below.
Will you be making iced coffee with a Nespresso machine soon? Let me know by leaving a comment down below. If you have any other questions regarding coffee, you can also contact me directly by pressing the “Contact Me” button at the top!