The white chocolate latte is a great coffee drink for people who love the taste of chocolate but don’t have a sweet tooth.
The combination of white chocolate and coffee is smooth and velvety. This tasty treat is perfect for dessert or at the end of a lunch or dinner. It’s easy to make in your own home.
This article will show you how to make one at home, including a homemade white chocolate sauce that will make this drink even better. Let’s get started!
What is a white chocolate latte?
On a chilly winter day, there’s nothing better than a hot cup of coffee – especially if it’s a white chocolate latte. What’s so great about a white chocolate latte?
It’s creamy, sweet, and slightly different from a regular latte because of the added white chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
Both the white chocolate sauce and whipped cream make this a decadent latte that has an amazing taste.
The best part is, it’s just as easy to make as a regular latte, but with more flavor, so what’s not to love?
What are the ingredients used in this recipe?
With this recipe, you’ll be able to make your own white chocolate drink at home. It’s super easy to make, and it only requires four ingredients:
- Espresso coffee
- Whole milk
- White chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
A classic latte is made with one part espresso and three parts milk. It’s an easy-to-make coffee and tastes delicious.
For this recipe, I wanted to keep the same layers that a great latte has, but with the addition of the white chocolate sauce and some whipped cream for more flavor.
You can also substitute regular milk for almond milk or soy milk if you prefer this flavor or can’t have dairy.
Further down, you’ll find a bit more information about how to make the best espresso coffee and homemade white chocolate sauce.
How to make the best espresso coffee at home
The best espresso coffee requires a quality grinder, quality beans, and good water.
Some suggestions for getting this at home are:
- Take the time to learn which type of bean you like best and where it’s grown. There’s nothing worse than going through all the trouble to make a perfect cup of espresso only to have a poor tasting machine or grind your beans wrong! Learn more about the right grind size here.
- Also, buy your coffee from a store that roasts their own beans in-house so you can be sure they’re fresh because anyone with experience will tell you how bad stale dark roasted coffee is – trust me!
You can find my recommendation about the best coffee beans for lattes here.
Then, once you decide on the right coffee beans for you, it’s time to choose a coffee brewer that works for you.
To make the best espresso shots at home, using an espresso machine is the best way to go. However, most espresso machines are pretty pricy, which is not for everyone.
As the espresso makes up for the most robust flavor in this white chocolate latte, making a strong cup will be the best way to go, so choose an amazing coffee you like.
If you want to learn how to brew coffee at home, you can check out my beginner’s guide to brewing coffee here. I’ll guide you through everything to know, from start to finish.
How to make the white chocolate sauce
Homemade white chocolate sauce is one of the best recipes to make at home. It’s so simple and so delicious. It’s also a great add-in for multiple coffees, not just this white chocolate latte.
You can make the white chocolate sauce at home by using equal parts whole milk and white chocolate.
Once you’ve made it, you can easily store it in the fridge for a few days, making it perfect for most coffees.
If you want to learn how to make it at home, you can check out the full recipe here. Over there, you’ll find all the information needed to make it!
If you have some leftover white chocolate sauce, you can also use it to make the following coffees:
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of whole milk
- One espresso shot
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of white chocolate sauce
- A serving of whipped cream
Once you've collected all the ingredients, it's time to make this recipe. Let's get into it:
- The first step into making this recipe is brewing the espresso shot. Choose a coffee brewer you like the most.
- Once your espresso is brewing, steam the whole milk.
- Grab a tall glass and add the white chocolate sauce to the glass.
- Pour the steamed milk into the glass.
- Wait 30 seconds before moving on to get those fantastic latte layers.
- Then, slowly pour the espresso coffee into the glass.
- Finish the coffee with a serving of whipped cream. Add as much or as little whipped cream as you like.
- Optionally, you can finish your white chocolate latte with some white chocolate curls.
Serve the coffee with a long spoon or straw, so you can easily stir all the ingredients together for an amazing latte!
If you prefer a more robust version of your coffee, you can use a double espresso shot. You can also use a bit less white chocolate sauce to make it less sweet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 19.8gSaturated Fat: 11.6gUnsaturated Fat: 3.8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 24gSugar: 25.6gProtein: 8.1g
How many calories are in this white chocolate latte?
A great white chocolate latte tastes sweet, robust, and creamy at the same time, making it one of my favorite coffees to date.
This latte has a total of 311 calories. The number of calories comes from the ingredients used. Have a look below for the full breakdown of the calories:
- The white chocolate sauce adds 150 calories to this latte.
- The whole milk makes up for 110 calories.
- If you plan on serving your latte with whipped cream, it’ll add 51 calories.
If you wish to lower the number of calories, you might want to leave the whipped cream out of your drink.
You can also use lower-fat milk or a dairy-free alternative to change the flavor of your white chocolate latte completely and also lower the number of calories.
What are you waiting for? Get started! I know that this recipe sounds delicious, and I hope it inspires you to try making your own white chocolate latte at home.
If you’re in the mood for an afternoon pick-me-up or just want something sweet, try making your own espresso coffee and homemade white chocolate latte.
You won’t be disappointed! Will you give it a shot? Let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below.
I’ve also listed a few more delicious recipes below. So, if you love these kinds of coffees, then have a look below for some inspiration!