When it’s summer, and you want to grab something cold and refreshing to beat the heat, here’s something for you: chocolate cream cold foam.
It’s super easy to prepare, and it’ll taste absolutely delicious on any iced coffee. The best part? You can also make it in bulk and use it for many iced coffees in the coming days!
In this article, I’ll go over what this cold foam is all about, the ingredients you need, how it differs from regular cold foam, and so much more. Let’s get started!
What is chocolate cream cold foam?
Chocolate cream cold foam is a cold foam made with low-fat milk, heavy cream, vanilla syrup, and cocoa powder. It has a chocolate flavor and a creamy texture.
Cold foam is made by blending ingredients together in a food processor or blender until they are aerated into small bubbles.
The mixture can then be used as a topping on all of your iced coffees!
Below, I’ll go over the ingredients that are needed to make this cold foam at home. Then, I’ll also go over some of the best drinks to add this cold foam to.
What do you need to make chocolate cream cold foam?
To make chocolate cream cold foam, you’ll need:
- 2% fat milk
- Heavy cream
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla syrup
For this recipe, any low-fat milk will work. Regular cold foam is best made with 2% fat milk, which is why it’s best to stick with it for this recipe as well.
Low-fat milk makes tiny but firm air bubbles that will hold their structure for a long time, which is perfect as a topping.
With the added vanilla syrup and cocoa powder, you’ll have to put in a bit more work for the perfect cold foam, but not to worry, I’ll guide you through it step by step.
How does this recipe differ from regular cold foam?
Regular cold foam is made with low-fat milk only, whereas this chocolate cream cold foam recipe includes both 2% fat milk and heavy cream. This results in a richer, more decadent flavor and texture.
Additionally, the addition of cocoa powder and vanilla syrup to the recipe gives it a lovely boost of sweetness that takes it over the top!
There’s nothing quite like the taste of chocolate cream cold foam. It has a rich, sweet taste that is hard to resist.
This is the perfect recipe if you want to add a bit more flavor to your iced drink without going through much trouble.
How to make chocolate cream cold foam
Making the chocolate cream cold foam requires just a few steps. Below, you’ll find a quick guide. For the complete recipe, scroll down a bit further.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together until you have a smooth liquid.
- If you have a French press, pour the mixture into the French press beaker and start pressing up and down on the plunger. If you don’t have a French press, you can use an immersion blender or just regular old beaters.
- Keep mixing/frothing until the mixture becomes thick and foamy.
There are many different ways you can achieve the perfect cold foam. You can check out this guide to learn about the different ways to make cold foam.
What drinks can be topped with this cold foam?
You can top any cold drink with this cold foam! As this is a sweeter, thicker, and more flavorful cold foam than the regular version, you have so many options.
I like this cold foam on any iced coffee, like:
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, my personal favorite way to doctor up your morning cup of joe is by adding a touch of pumpkin spice.
It gives the cold foam even more depth and flavor!
However, the best drink to top with this cold foam is the chocolate cream cold brew!
This drink is made with homemade cold brew coffee, vanilla syrup, and this delicious cold foam as a topping!
Tip: You can check out the complete recipe for it in this article.
Can you make vanilla syrup at home?
Yes, you can definitely make vanilla syrup at home. It’s a straightforward process and only requires a few ingredients. To make it at home, you’ll need:
- Cold tap water
- White granulated sugar
- A vanilla bean
To make the syrup, you can check out the simple steps below:
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vanilla bean seeds along with the pod and whisk until well combined.
- Simmer the mixture for two minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Remove the vanilla bean and let it cool before using.
If you want to try your hand at making this recipe, you can check out the complete recipe here.
You can also use a store-bought version of vanilla syrup for this recipe if you prefer.
Make sure it’s a high-quality one like Torani Vanilla Syrup from Amazon.com for the best flavor possible.
Now, let’s get into the recipe so that you can make the best topping for your iced coffee in just a few minutes:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of 2% fat milk
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of vanilla syrup
- Add the low-fat milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and vanilla syrup to a bowl of choice.
- Stir the mixture together. The cocoa powder will slowly start to mix into the other ingredients (after about a minute).
- Transfer the mixture to a French press to start the cold foaming process by pressing the plunger up and down.
- Keep foaming for about a minute to ensure the cold foam is stable.
- Once your cold foam is stable, you can use it to top all of your favorite iced coffee drinks!
You can, of course, use any of the other techniques to create the cold foam if you don't have a French press at hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 8.3gSaturated Fat: 5.2gUnsaturated Fat: 3.4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 3.6gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information is calculated for one serving of three tablespoons of cold foam.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for chocolate cream cold foam. It’s a quick and easy way to add a delicious, creamy layer to all of your iced coffee recipes.
Be sure to give it a try the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and refreshing.
If you’re looking for even more iced coffee recipes that truly taste amazing, you can have a look below: