Summer is the time for iced coffee. And, when you make your own iced coffee at home, you get to have all kinds of fun with flavors and varieties.
Everybody loves a sweet treat, and this latte recipe is a perfect choice! It’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Want a little spice in your iced coffee? How about a bit of cinnamon? Here is a recipe for a great iced cinnamon dolce latte that you’ll enjoy making and drinking.
What is an iced cinnamon dolce latte?
An iced cinnamon dolce latte is an iced coffee latte flavored with homemade cinnamon dolce syrup, strong espresso coffee, and topped with vanilla whipped cream to make for a real threat.
Imagine the flavor of a creamy latte, but with a touch of spiciness and topped with vanilla whipped cream. If this sounds like something you’d like to taste, then you’re definitely on the right page.
Let me tell you a bit about the different components of this drink and its ingredients. After that, I’ll show you have to make this amazing recipe yourself!
What ingredients are used?
There are a few components to this coffee that make it so unique. This recipe is made up of five main components:
- The espresso basis
- Ice cubes
- Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Vanilla whipped cream
These components make that this coffee is so amazing. The sweetness of the homemade dolce syrup in combination with whipped cream is something you’re going to love.
Let me first go over the best coffee to use for this recipe below. After that, I’ve listed the recipes for the dolce syrup and vanilla whipped cream.
The best coffee for an iced cinnamon dolce latte
We all know that coffee plays a big role in flavoring iced coffee and other recipes. The intense coffee flavors make the perfect balanced and caffeinated drink that you and I just love.
This is true for this recipe as well. As this is an iced coffee, you have a bit more options to consider when making this drink at home. I suggest picking one of the following coffees as the basis:
- Espresso coffee
- Cold brew coffee
- Double brewed coffee
To make the most flavorful coffee for this recipe, you can either choose to brew some amazing espresso shots or double brew some coffee of choice to mix in.
If you have some leftover cold brew coffee, I highly recommend using this as the basis. This is the perfect addition to this sweet and delicious recipe.
I’ve made this recipe with cold brew coffee, espresso shots, and ristretto shots. All of these coffees make for a great basis for this recipe. The flavors do differ slightly, so make sure you pick a coffee that suits you best.
How to make an iced cinnamon dolce latte?
Making an iced cinnamon dolce latte at home is really easy. As I’ve mentioned above, there are a few key components that make this drink so unique.
Once you have all those ingredients prepared, it’s all about giving this recipe a try and seeing if you like the flavor (I bet you will!).
The recipe is super easy to follow, and I’ve listed it in a step-by-step setup. It’s all about combining those fantastic flavors and making it look good. Let’s get into it:
- A shot of espresso
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of whole milk
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of cinnamon dolce syrup
- Vanilla whipped cream
- Ice cubes
- Optionally: light dusting of cinnamon
If you've already prepared the vanilla whipped cream, cinnamon dolce syrup, and brewed your coffee, you'll run through this recipe fast:
- In your favorite glass or mug, add enough ice cubes to fill the glass to about halfway.
- Pour in your espresso shot and stir until cooled completely.
- Now, pour in the whole milk and optionally give this a stir as well.
- Swirl in the cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Top the latte with vanilla whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
You're now ready to enjoy this amazing latte. Have a seat and taste the amazing flavor combination.
I suggest giving the drink a good stir before drinking so that the flavor will be well combined and you'll get all that amazing flavor in one sip.
If you feel like the coffee isn't sweet enough, you can add a bit more cinnamon dolce syrup to your coffee. Or, you can add a bit more of that amazing vanilla whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 11.4gSaturated Fat: 6.8gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 22gSugar: 23.6gProtein: 6.2g
The nutritional information can change when you're adding more syrup or switching out ingredients.
How to make cinnamon dolce syrup
This dolce syrup is based on simple syrup. Simple syrup is made by combining equal parts sugar and water and heating this.
However, for this recipe, you’ll be using two kinds of sugar and less water to make a more syrupy texture that holds together well.
To make the dolce syrup, you’ll need the following items to have enough syrup for six servings of this coffee recipe:
- 60 grams of white granulated sugar
- 60 grams of brown sugar
- 80 grams of cold tap water
- 1 whole cinnamon stick or 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
Now that you’ve gathered the ingredients for this recipe, it’s time to make it. Follow the next steps:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugars, cinnamon stick, or ground cinnamon and cold water.
- Place the pan on medium heat.
- Let the sugar mixture heat while continuously stirring through it with a spoon.
- The mixture will start to bubble away within the first two minutes; this is good.
- Remove the sugar syrup from the heat when the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool down completely before using it for the latte recipe.
- Once thoroughly cooled, remove the cinnamon stick if you’ve used one.
- Pour the mixture into a resealable container or mug of choice and place it in the fridge until you’re going to use it.
You can store the sugar syrup in the fridge for a few days, so if you’re expecting to make more coffees in the coming days, it’s best to make a larger batch of this sugar syrup.
How to make vanilla whipped cream
Making whipped cream is super easy. And while whipped cream is delicious, adding a splash of vanilla extract will make it even better tasting.
To make vanilla whipped cream at home, you’ll need the following ingredients to make six servings:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of white granulated sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
For the vanilla extract, I like to use about a teaspoon for the recipe above. When using this recipe, you’ll have more than enough to make six servings of this amazing latte. Follow the next steps to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the whipping cream, white granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Start beating the whipping cream using a whisk or hand mixer. You can also opt to use a stand mixer for this.
- After roughly three minutes, the heavy cream will have doubled in size and should be forming light peaks.
- When you see those light peaks form, you can stop beating the cream.
- You want this whipped cream to have a light fluff to it, but not stiff picks, as this will not mix well with the coffee.
If you have some whipped cream leftover, you can store this in the fridge for a few days. When placed in the refrigerator, the cream will become slightly liquid again; when you grab it from the refrigerator, simply beat it again slightly, and it’ll come together again.
This is one of the best lattes I’ve ever tasted. I’m usually not a fan of sweetened coffee, but this is the perfect recipe for the summer months ahead.
The homemade dolce syrup in combination with that strong coffee flavor is something unique. And then it’s also topped with a fluffy vanilla whipped cream that is so simple — but so delicious.
If you’re on a roll and you’d like to try a few more coffee recipes, then I suggest checking out the recipes I’ve listed below. They all have the basis of brown sugar syrup, so it’s perfect for those summer days.
You can use your homemade dolce syrup to substitute for the brown sugar syrup and make even more coffee recipes!
Do you also like making iced coffee in the summer? Let me know by leaving a comment down below. If you have any other questions regarding coffee, you can also contact me directly by pressing the “Contact Me” button at the top!