When it comes to coffee, there are a million options to choose from. The cinnamon dolce latte stands out from the rest. It’s rich, creamy, and delicious, with a hint of cinnamon that makes it one of a kind.
When you make it at home, you can even save money over ordering it at your local coffee shop.
Ready your taste buds and get out your favorite mug because I’m about to show you how to make the most incredible (and easy!) cinnamon dolce latte at home. You’ll never want to go back to the Starbucks version again!
What is a cinnamon dolce latte?
A cinnamon dolce latte is a hot coffee drink made with homemade cinnamon dolce syrup, vanilla whipped cream, steamed milk, and strong espresso. This all makes for a perfect take on the classic latte.
In this article, I’ll tell you all about this sweet take on an already great coffee. It’s an amazing coffee drink that you’ll love the minute you’ve taken your first sip.
I’ll guide you through the recipe step by step, and after the recipe card, I’ve also listed a recipe for homemade dolce syrup and vanilla whipped cream.
Is a cinnamon dolce latte sweet?
A homemade cinnamon dolce latte is a pretty sweet coffee. The latte is made using homemade cinnamon dolce syrup and vanilla whipped cream for a sweet sensation while not being too overpowering.
However, the coffee is perfectly balanced, in my opinion. The strong espresso coffee taste is the perfect counterpart to the sweetness and cuts through it perfectly.
For this recipe, 2% fat milk is used, which is less sweet than whole milk. This makes for that perfect balance, and because lower-fat milk foams well, it gives the latte a very nice mouthfeel.
What does a cinnamon dolce latte taste like?
A cinnamon dolce latte tastes sweet, creamy, and delicious. The sweet and creamy notes are from vanilla whipped cream and smooth milk, while the dolce syrup makes for the perfectly balanced sweetened latte coffee, and all of this finished with strong espresso coffee.
The sweetness of the ingredients is really well balanced in this recipe and makes for a great drinking experience.
Once you try this recipe yourself, you’ll know what I’m talking about, and you’ll no longer need those regular latte coffees!
What ingredients are used in this recipe?
This latte recipe uses quite a few components, but once you’ve gathered everything, you’re in for a real treat.
For this coffee recipe, you’ll need the following components:
- Espresso shots
- 2% fat milk
- Homemade cinnamon dolce syrup
- Vanilla whipped cream
You can also use an espresso machine if you have one and pull some fantastic espresso shots from it. If you’d rather use a Nespresso or Keurig machine to brew your espresso shots, feel free to do so.
All of these techniques will be a great basis for this amazing coffee recipe. Down below, you’ll find the recipe. After that, I’ve listed a recipe for the dolce syrup and vanilla whipped cream:
- 2 espresso shots
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of 2% fat milk
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 grams) of vanilla whipped cream
- Dusting of cinnamon
This latte recipe is all about preparation. Once you've made the cinnamon dolce syrup and vanilla whipped cream, you can make the recipe within minutes:
- Brew your espresso shots with a coffee brewer of choice.
- Meanwhile, steam your milk until a light foam begins to form.
- Add your homemade cinnamon dolce syrup to the bottom of your favorite glass or mug.
- Slowly pour in the foamed milk and try to keep as much air in there.
- Leave the milk to settle for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, pour in your espresso shots.
- To finish this latte, add the vanilla whipped cream on top and optionally give this a light dusting of cinnamon.
Your cinnamon dolce latte is now done! I suggest serving straight away to keep those amazing layers intact.
If you like to drink your coffee on the sweeter side, I suggest adding a bit more whipped cream or dolce syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 9.4gSaturated Fat: 6.8gUnsaturated Fat: 2.3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 22gSugar: 23.2gProtein: 6.4g
If you want to make an iced version of the cinnamon dolce latte, you can check it out here.
Homemade cinnamon dolce syrup recipe
The homemade syrup is super easy to make. Typically, simple syrup is made using equal parts water and white granulated sugar. But for this syrup, you’ll change it up for a better flavoring. You’ll need:
- 60 grams of white granulated sugar
- 60 grams of brown sugar
- 80 grams of cold tap water
- A whole cinnamon stick or 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
I’ve opted for the use of two kinds of sugar. Brown sugar has a much different flavor than white granulated sugar. As I didn’t want one sugar being too overpowering, using half brown sugar and half white granulated sugar was the way to go.
The water is there to make for that syrup. You can either use a whole cinnamon stick or 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon to flavor the syrup. To make the syrup, follow the following steps:
- In a small saucepan, add the sugars, water, and cinnamon stick (or ground cinnamon).
- Place the saucepan on your stove, on medium heat.
- While continuously stirring through the sugar syrup, heat the mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved. I found that this takes about two to three minutes.
- After the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Once the sugar syrup has cooled down completely, remove the cinnamon stick if you’ve used one, and transfer it to a resealable container or flask for easy pouring.
You can store your homemade syrup for a few days in the refrigerator. The sugar syrup will get thicker the more you cool it, which is awesome for this coffee recipe.
How to make vanilla whipped cream?
Making whipped cream from scratch is super easy and even more delicious than store-bought whipped cream. And the great part about it is that you can add extra flavors to it.
That’s why today, I’ll go over a great recipe to make vanilla whipped cream. The vanilla flavor is the perfect touch to an already excellent coffee recipe. The slight vanilla flavor gives the coffee that extra boost.
To make some amazing vanilla whipped cream at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of whipping cream
- 12 grams of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
The amount amounts listed above will make enough vanilla whipped cream for six servings of this amazing coffee recipe. If you prefer to make more at once, you can double the ingredients.
You can calculate the amount of sugar to add by using 10% of the total whipping cream weight and flavoring it with 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Follow the next steps to make the whipped cream:
- In a large bowl, add your cold whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- You can use a whisk, handheld mixer, or even a stand mixer to whip your cream.
- Start whipping the cream until light peaks start to form. You don’t want to overwhip the cream as this will not combine with the latte well.
- Once you have whipped cream, you can store it in your fridge for a few days. It might lose some of its strength after it’s been in the refrigerator for a while. You can give it a light beating to fluff it up like before.
I like to use a piping bag for this as it’s so much easier to get a good-looking portion out of it. However, you can also use a spoon to scoop some of that vanilla whipped cream on your coffee. The flavors will be the same.
Most of the time, I like to drink strong coffee that isn’t sweetened that much. For example, I like drinking black coffee and occasionally will have a flat white or latte.
But for some reason, I can’t get enough of this cinnamon dolce latte. The flavors are so radically different from the regular kind that I keep making it time and again.
If you love a good latte on occasion, you’ll also love this amazing recipe. If you feel like making more coffee recipes today, then you should have a look down below. I’ve listed a few fantastic recipes that will blow your mind.
Are you a fan of milk-based coffees? Let me know by leaving a comment down below. If you have any other questions regarding coffee, you can also contact me directly by pressing the “Contact Me” button at the top!