The holidays are a time when everything is just a little bit more merry and bright. The last thing that you want to do is spend all of your time in the kitchen making holiday treats.
With that said, you need to find recipes that are simple and quick to make so that you can enjoy the season.
That’s where this snickerdoodle latte comes in. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you’ll have a great homemade latte. Let’s get started!
What is a snickerdoodle latte?
A snickerdoodle latte is a coffee drink that combines the flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar with rich, creamy milk. It’s a popular variation on the classic latte and is made with espresso.
Snickerdoodle lattes are often topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, making them the perfect sweet treat for a winter morning or afternoon pick-me-up.
If you love complex flavors in your coffee, this is the perfect recipe for you. The rich flavor of cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar can really make any coffee taste stronger and better.
The warm, delicious taste that resembles cookie dough will make you want to drink more cups of coffee. This could be your new favorite drink!
What ingredients are needed to make a snickerdoodle latte?
To make a snickerdoodle latte at home, you’ll need the following components:
- Espresso coffee – You can use a single or double shot of espresso depending on your strength preference.
- Milk of choice – I like to use whole milk for the fullest flavor, but lower-fat milk or milk alternatives will also make an awesome drink!
- Ground cinnamon is used as the warming spice in this recipe.
- Ground nutmeg is used because it has a sweet, warming flavor that pairs well with cinnamon.
- Brown sugar – You can use any brown sugar you have at home. Light brown sugar also has a great flavor and will still get you that molasses flavor.
- Whipped cream is optional but will add an extra layer of depth, sweetness, and creaminess to your snickerdoodle latte!
Now that you have information about the ingredients needed to make a snickerdoodle at home, check out how to best froth milk at home and the best coffee beans to use below.
How do you froth milk at home?
There are a few different ways to froth milk at home, depending on what kind of equipment you have. Here are some options you have to froth milk at home:
- If you have an espresso machine with a steam wand, you can simply steam the milk until it is foamy.
- If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can heat the milk in a pot on the stove and then use a handheld frother to froth it.
- Or, if you want to froth milk in a few minutes, you can heat some milk, add it into a jar, screw on the lid tightly, and shake it until the milk is foamy.
For this latte recipe, it’s best to froth the milk in a way that also has a nice layer of foam. The milk foam makes your coffee looks like a nicely layered latte!
Are you interested in learning about more ways you can froth milk at home? Then you can check out this article where I go over six different ways.
What is the best coffee to use in this recipe?
Espresso coffee is best used to make a snickerdoodle latte. Espresso has a robust flavor and strength that will cut through some of the sweetness of the drink.
If you’d instead use brewed coffee, I suggest checking out this snickerdoodle coffee recipe. That recipe is based on using brewed coffee instead of espresso so that you can make the best version of this delicious drink!
There are a few different types of coffee beans that you can use for espresso.
Some people prefer to use dark roast beans because they have a richer flavor, such as espresso beans, while others prefer light roast beans because they have a more subtle flavor.
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. I suggest using medium or dark roasted coffee beans for this recipe.
Light roasted coffee beans used to make a blonde latte, for example, don’t have the strength to cut through the flavors added to this latte. Instead, it’ll turn into a sweeter drink that isn’t very balanced.
You can check out my recommendation for the best coffee beans for lattes here if you’re still on the hunt for some good coffee beans.
Now, let’s get into the complete recipe so that you can make this delicious latte at home:
- One espresso shot
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of whole milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 gram) of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (3 grams) of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (10 grams) of brown sugar
- A serving of whipped cream (optional)
- Start by brewing your espresso coffee. Use your favorite coffee brewer for this.
- In the meantime, start steaming your milk. Make sure there's a nice layer of foam on the milk as well. This will create those latte layers later on.
- Add the brown sugar to a tall glass of choice.
- Mix in the ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon as well.
- Pour the steamed milk into the glass and let the milk settle for 30 seconds.
- Then, slowly pour the espresso coffee into the glass.
- Add a generous amount of whipped cream on top, dust with some ground cinnamon or brown sugar, and serve.
- I suggest serving this latte with a long spoon, so you and your guests can stir all the flavors for the most amazing first sip!
You can add an additional shot of espresso for a more robust flavor!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 10.9gSaturated Fat: 6.4gUnsaturated Fat: 1.4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 19.2gSugar: 20.6gProtein: 5.9g
How many calories are in a snickerdoodle latte?
There are 203 calories in this snickerdoodle latte recipe. The calories are based on using whole milk for your coffee.
If you’re using a different kind of milk, like low-fat milk, you’ll automatically lower the calories in your drink.
You can also leave out the whipped cream if you’re watching your calories. These small changes will shave off about 70 calories per serving!
So, there you have it – my recipe for the perfect snickerdoodle latte.
If you’re looking for a fun, easy way to make your morning coffee extra special, give this snickerdoodle latte recipe a try.
And if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, no problem – just use your favorite alternatives instead!
Do you like espresso coffee and new coffee recipes? Have a look below for some more great recipes you can make at home!