Do you love lattes but don’t love all of the sugar and calories that come with them? Do you have an intolerance to dairy, or just want to switch things up?
If so, then this almond milk latte recipe is for you!
It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, and this latte can be whipped up in just 5 minutes – perfect for those mornings when you need a quick pick-me-up.
In this article, I’ll go over everything you need to know so that you can easily make an almond milk latte at home. Let’s get started!
What is an almond milk latte?
An almond milk latte is a type of coffee beverage made with almond milk and espresso. It is typically served hot, although it can also be iced and is often flavored with syrups or spices.
Almond milk lattes are becoming increasingly popular as more people look for alternative dairy-free options.
They are often made with organic or homemade almond milk, which gives them a rich, nutty flavor. Espresso is added to the drink for its bold flavor and caffeine kick.
Many people find that almond milk lattes are easier on their stomachs than traditional dairy lattes.
This makes them a great choice for those who are lactose intolerant or have sensitive stomachs. Additionally, almond milk is lower in calories than dairy milk, so it’s a great option if you’re watching your weight.
Is almond milk good for making lattes?
Almond milk is a great choice for making lattes. It’s low in calories and fat and has a nutty flavor that goes excellently with coffee. Plus, it froths up nicely when steamed.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to traditional cow’s milk, almond milk is definitely the way to go.
What does an almond milk latte taste like?
Almond milk lattes have a nutty flavor that is unique and distinct from regular milk or soy milk lattes. The almond taste is not overwhelming, but it is definitely there.
Some people say that almond milk lattes are less rich and creamy than regular or oat milk lattes, but I think they are just as good.
If you are looking for a tasty and unique twist on the classic latte, an almond milk latte is definitely worth trying!
Which ingredients are used to make an almond milk latte?
The best part about making an almond milk latte is that it requires just two main ingredients:
- Almond milk
You can add a sweetener to your latte to make it the perfect homemade version.
I’ll go in-depth about some great sweetening options a bit further down in the article. But first, let’s go over the best way to make espresso at home:
How do you make great espresso at home?
There are many ways to make espresso at home, each with its own advantages and disadvantages:
- The most common way to make espresso at home is with an espresso machine. Espresso machines can be expensive, but they offer the highest level of quality and control over the brewing process.
- Another way to make espresso at home is with a Moka pot. A Moka pot is a stovetop device that uses pressure to force hot water through ground coffee. Moka pots are less expensive than espresso machines, but they don’t produce as high of quality espressos. I often describe the coffee as espresso-like coffee.
- Finally, another way to make espresso at home is with a Nespresso machine. This is the most convenient way to make espresso coffee, as you’d just have to choose your favorite coffee pod for this. You can check out the best Nespresso pods for a latte here.
Depending on your home equipment, you can use any of the above-listed ways to make espresso coffee at home.
If you plan on using an espresso machine or even the Moka pot to make espresso-like coffee, you can read along to find out about the best coffee beans to use.
Are you interested in learning how you can easily make a latte with any Nespresso machine? You can check out this article for more information!
What are the best coffee beans for espresso?
There is a lot of debate over the best coffee beans for espresso, depending on personal preference.
However, a few general tips can help you choose beans that will produce a delicious cup of espresso:
- Firstly, choosing a bean with a good flavor profile that will complement the espresso is important. You might want to try beans from different regions or with different roast profiles to see what you like best.
- Secondly, the beans should be freshly roasted – this makes a big difference in terms of flavor.
- Finally, it’s helpful to grind your beans rather than pre-ground coffee, as this can make your espresso taste better.
With all that being said, try different coffee beans to see which fits your taste. I’ve tried too many coffee beans to count; some taste great, while others don’t suit me that well.
You can check out the best coffee beans for espresso here if you’re still looking for some great beans.
What is the best way to steam the almond milk?
There are a few different ways to froth almond milk; the best way will depend on what type of equipment you have available:
- If you have an espresso machine with a steam wand, you can simply steam the milk until it is foamy.
- For a less hands-on approach, you can heat the almond milk in a small saucepan and use an immersion blender to blend the milk until it is frothy.
- Finally, if you don’t have fancy equipment, you can simply heat the almond milk in a small saucepan on the stove, put the milk in a jar, and shake it vigorously until it is foamy.
Whichever method you choose, watch the milk carefully, so it doesn’t boil over.
If you’re interested in even more techniques to froth milk at home, you can check out this in-depth article.
How do you sweeten an almond milk latte?
There are a few different ways you can sweeten an almond milk latte.
One option is to add coffee syrups. These come in a variety of flavors, so you can choose one that best fits your taste preferences. You can check out many homemade syrup recipes here.
Another option is to add caramel or chocolate sauce to your latte, which can also be homemade. You can find the recipe for them by clicking on their name.
These sauces will give it a richer flavor and sweetness that will complement the almond milk well.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to add the sweetener slowly and taste as you go so that you don’t end up with a too-sweet beverage.
Now that you have all the information about the almond milk latte, it’s time to put the knowledge to the test and make one yourself by following the recipe below:
5-Minute Almond Milk Latte
If you like drinking lattes but don't feel like making them with cow's milk, this almond milk latte is the perfect alternative you can make in five minutes!
- Two espresso shots (2 oz or 60 ml)
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of almond milk
- A sweetener of choice
- Start by brewing your espresso coffee. Choose the coffee brewer that suits you the best.
- Steam and froth the almond milk.
- Once the almond milk is nice and frothy, pour it into a tall glass.
- Leave the almond milk to settle for 30 seconds before moving on to the next step. This will create those perfect latte layers.
- Then, slowly pour the espresso coffee into the glass.
- At this point, your almond milk latte is ready to be served. If you want to add a sweetener, now is a perfect time. Stir to combine, and enjoy!
If you want to build even more layers into your latte, you can start with your sweeteners, such as a coffee syrup or sauce, at the bottom of the glass and then add the almond milk to it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 2.7gSaturated Fat: 0.2gUnsaturated Fat: 1.7gSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 1.1g
So, there you have it – everything you need to know about how to make your own almond milk latte at home.
They’re a delicious, healthy alternative to coffee shop drinks and much cheaper. And I love that you can customize it to taste with your favorite sweeteners!
If you have some leftover almond milk, have a look below for even more recipes that you can give a try: