While it’s easy to grab a bottle of cold brew from the store, making it at home allows you to customize the amount of coffee and the flavors in the mix.
In this article, you’ll learn how to make cold brew and add almond milk and honey to it, creating a smooth, sweet and delicious coffee drink.
Honey almondmilk cold brew is easy to make at home. It’s a tasty and healthy drink that you can enjoy any time of the day. Are you ready to learn all about it? Grab a cup of coffee and start reading away!
What is honey almondmilk cold brew?
Honey almondmilk cold brew is a coffee recipe where cold brew coffee is infused with flavorful honey and a touch of almond milk.
The coffee is popular because of the sweet notes of the honey mixed with cold brew coffee. The almond milk makes for that perfectly balanced coffee flavor that’s just amazing.
It’s a coffee drink that you can order at Starbucks, but today, I’ll show you how to make this coffee recipe at home — from scratch without that much trouble.
What does the honey almondmilk cold brew taste like?
This coffee tastes like a perfectly balanced, strong cold brew coffee that is not too sweet but has enough sweetness that you’re not just drinking cold brew coffee.
It’s such a good pairing of sweetness from the honey, combined with the robust coffee flavors of cold brew and the added almond milk for that perfect balance.
You can even switch out the almond milk for a different kind of milk alternative or use cow’s milk instead. I’ll talk about this later on, so make sure to read along to find out all about it.
Is the honey almondmilk cold brew sweet?
The honey almondmilk cold brew coffee tastes a bit sweet but not too sweet. The cold brew coffee makes for a perfectly balanced coffee palate. Because of this, it isn’t overly sweet and tastes amazing.
The added almond milk is the perfect addition to makes this coffee even better. You can use either sweetened or unsweetened almond milk, which will change the coffee flavor even more.
Did you know that you can add honey to more than just this iced coffee? Honey is a great sweetener to use instead of sugar. You can check out the article I wrote about adding honey to coffee here.
What ingredients are used to make this coffee?
There are a few components that make this coffee so delicious. When making this coffee at home, you’ll have to make sure you have the following ingredients:
- Coffee beans (this can be decaf as well)
- Almond milk
- Ice cubes in the freezer
The coffee beans will be coarsely ground to make the basis for this coffee recipe, cold brew coffee.
Cold brew coffee is made by steeping coarsely ground coffee beans with water for 15 hours and then filtering it. I’ve listed a cold brew recipe below the recipe card, so you have all the information the make this recipe from scratch.
I recommend using good-quality honey for this recipe. As honey is the only sweetener in this coffee, you want the honey to be good-tasting.
The almond milk will ensure that you get a properly balanced cold brew coffee that is sweet and amazing at the same time. Are you ready to learn how to make this coffee? Then read the recipe below:
- 3/4 cups (180 ml) of cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cups (60 ml) of almond milk
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of honey
- Ice cubes
Now that you've made the cold brew coffee from scratch, it's all about combining the delicious ingredients to make an amazing drink:
- To a large glass, add the cold brew coffee.
- Swirl in your honey and give this mixture a good stir.
- Cool this mixture with enough ice cubes to fill it up to about halfway.
- Slowly pour in the almond milk. The coffee will get an amazing marbled effect when doing so.
That's it! This is everything you need to know about making this recipe. It's super easy, right?
Optionally, you can use a different milk alternative or cow's milk to make this coffee recipe. Your Dream Coffee is all about finding the perfect coffee that fits your flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 0.9gSaturated Fat: 0.5gUnsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 1.8mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 17.1gProtein: 0.5g
Nutritional information will change when switching to a different kind of milk.
Tip: Serve the coffee with a straw. This way, you can stir through the coffee before drinking, making sure that you get the best drinking experience. The honey tends to stick to the bottom of the glass.
Honey almondmilk cold brew calories
Honey almondmilk cold brew coffee has 74 calories. Most calories come from the added honey, and the rest comes from almond milk.
Coffee itself doesn’t have any calories, so if you decide you want to use a different kind of milk or milk alternative to make this coffee recipe, you can use the following indications to calculate the number of calories:
- 1 tbsp of honey will add 64 calories to your cold brew coffee.
- 1/4 cup of almond milk is good for 10 calories.
If you decide you want to switch out the almond milk, retract the 10 calories from the total and add the calories from the milk of choice.
Do you feel like the coffee is not sweet enough? Feel free to add a bit more honey to your coffee drink. If you add an additional tablespoon of honey, it will add 64 calories to the total calories.
How to make cold brew coffee
There is much to be said for making your own cold brew at home.
There’s nothing more refreshing than a cup of cold brew after a long day of working or running errands. It doesn’t have to be a hassle to make your own cold brew from home, though.
Down below, you’ll learn some easy steps that you can take to make a delicious cold brew at home with the ingredients you already have on hand. You’ll need the following ingredients to make cold brew coffee:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans (80 grams)
- Cold tap water (800 grams)
I like to use a 1:10 coffee to water ratio to make cold brew coffee at home. I found that this created the best flavored cold brew coffee that you can drink as is or use in coffee recipes like this one.
Coarsely ground coffee works best as this extracts all the coffee flavor over a longer period, like the 15 hours I’ll mention below. The grind size of the coffee beans looks like this:
I’ll be using the coffee and water I’ve mentioned above to make my cold brew coffee. This amount will fit perfectly into a French press, and this will work great to store the coffee for the upcoming hours.
You can also store your cold brew coffee in a large container or large mug. I like to use a French press, as this comes equipped with a plunger that makes it a bit easier to filter the cold brew coffee after steeping.
If you want to make cold brew the fastest way possible, I suggest using a cold brew maker. This cold brew maker works great, as it’s equipped with a filter where you put the ground coffee in.
After steeping for 15 hours, you can simply remove the filter, empty it, clean it, and you’re left with a clean cold brew that you can instantly use to make amazing coffee recipes. If you’re interested, you can check it out here:
- Mizudashi Coffee Maker: The simplest way to make and enjoy cold brew coffee at home. Simply add ground coffee to the fine mesh basket, add water and leave in refrigerator to brew. Clean up is easy with a removable filter--simply wash and reuse
- Cold Brew at Home: Grind coffee coarse for a lighter more delicate coffee, or finer for a brew with more body and strength. Delicious homemade cold brew coffee, however you like it
- Daily Use: Featuring a slender spout for slow, steady and controlled pouring. Brew and serve directly from glass coffee server
- Japanese Design: Made with high-quality Hario heatproof glass. Made in Japan
- Product Details: 5-cup capacity, brewed volume 1000mL; W138×D94×H294mm
Follow the next steps to make your cold brew coffee from scratch:
- Add your ground coffee beans to a container, large mug, or French press.
- Pour the cold water on top.
- Stir this coffee and water mixture until all coffee grounds are equally wetted.
- Cover the container or French press with plastic wrap.
- Set this aside on your kitchen counter for the next 15 hours.
- After 15 hours, place the plunger of your French press on top and press down. It’ll leave you with clean cold brew coffee.
- If you’re using a container to store the coffee in, grab a sieve and a cheesecloth or kitchen towel. Place the kitchen towel into the sieve and grab another container. Strain the coffee through your homemade filter system.
- Now you’re left with amazing tasting cold brew coffee that you can use in the recipe listed above. You’ll love it.
- You can store any leftover cold brew coffee in the refrigerator for the next five days. Make sure to store it sealed for the best outcome.
As you might’ve noticed from the steps listed above, cold brew coffee is really easy to make once you’ve ground your coffee beans. It’s just putting it together in a large container, stirring it, and then letting it steep. It’s amazing.
If you’re interested in going in-depth about cold brew coffee, you can check out the guide I wrote about cold brew coffee here.
I’ve also written an article about cold brew concentrate. Cold brew concentrate is a stronger version of the regular cold brew coffee that I’ve just explained.
Does cold brew concentrate sound like something you’d want to make any time soon? Then I suggest checking out this article.
This coffee recipe is such a delight. I just had to share it with you. Now that you’ve read through the article, you know how to make cold brew coffee and how to make this amazing coffee recipe with it.
I hope to have given you enough information to make this delicious coffee recipe at home and that you’ll enjoy it.
Remember, you can also use the cold brew coffee for other recipes. If you have a bit leftover, you can check out the recipes I’ve listed below. All these recipes use cold brew coffee as the basis.
Do you like cold brew coffee? Let me know by leaving a comment down below. If you have any other questions regarding coffee, you can also contact me directly by pressing the “Contact Me” button at the top!