If you like your coffee sweet and creamy, then you’re going to love this vanilla sweet cream cold brew recipe. Preparation is a cinch, and you can use grounds or beans – whichever you prefer.
It’s easy to make a big batch of this cold brew so that you have some on hand when you need it.
Down below, you’ll learn to make your own vanilla syrup, sweet cream that is amazing, and I’ve also listed a cold brew recipe for you to check out.
Let me tell you about this coffee, so you have an idea of what ingredients are used to make it, and then I’ll show you how to make this coffee recipe at home, which is super easy.
What is vanilla sweet cream cold brew?
Vanilla sweet cream cold brew is a variation of regular cold brew coffee. In this recipe, cold brew coffee is combined with homemade vanilla syrup and a splash of sweet cream that is insanely easy to make and delicious.
This is served in a tall glass cooled with ice, so you can enjoy this coffee in the heat of the summer and get your daily caffeine in.
What ingredients are in this recipe?
There are a few ingredients needed for this recipe that make it such a delight. I’ve listed every component you’ll need below, so you can check if you have everything on hand:
For the cold brew coffee, you’ll need:
To make vanilla syrup at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- White granulated sugar
- Vanilla bean (or vanilla extract)
- Cold tap water
And to make the sweet cream from scratch, you’ll need:
- Heavy cream
- Homemade vanilla syrup
As you can see from the ingredients listed above, you’ll incorporate that amazing homemade vanilla syrup into the sweet cream and also use it to sweeten the cold brew coffee a bit more.
A very important step to making this coffee recipe is making your own cold brew coffee. You can also buy cold brew coffee, but once you see that it’s super easy to make yourself, you’ll likely never buy it again.
How to make cold brew coffee
Cold brew coffee is a great alternative to your regular hot coffee. It is easy to make at home, and especially for those who don’t have time to brew that coffee, cold brew is the perfect solution.
You’ll only need two ingredients to make cold brew coffee from scratch:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans (80 grams)
- Cold tap water (800 grams)
I suggest using dark or medium roasted coffee beans to make a robust cold brew coffee. These coffee beans work the best for this technique and give you that authentic flavoring.
Once you’ve made the coffee, you’ll need to let it sit for 15 hours. It’s best to use a French press for this as it’s easier to filter once the coffee has steeped long enough. You can follow the next steps to make yourself some cold brew coffee:
- In the French press beaker, combine the coarsely ground coffee beans and water.
- Stir the coffee and water mixture until all coffee grounds are equally wetted.
- Cover the French press with plastic wrap and set it aside on your kitchen counter for the next 15 hours.
- After the coffee has steeped for long enough, remove the plastic wrap and place the French press plunger on top of the beaker and press down.
- This will filter the coffee completely, and you can transfer it into a large pitcher to store your filtered cold brew in.
At this point, you can use the cold brew coffee for this recipe. If you don’t have a French press at home, you can use any other large pitcher or mug for steeping the coffee in.
Grab a sieve and a cheesecloth or kitchen towel to filter the cold brew coffee. Place the kitchen towel into the sieve and pour the cold brew coffee on top, making sure to catch all that delicious liquid.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of filtering your cold brew coffee, I suggest checking out the following cold brew maker:
This cold brew maker uses a filter that stays inside the coffee while steeping. After steeping, you just have to remove the filter, and you’re left with amazing cold brew coffee!
I’ve just shared a basic cold brew version with you. This coffee is amazing as you can instantly use it and taste just right, without the need to add any additional liquid to it.
If you want to use a more robust version of cold brew coffee, you can check out my recipes for cold brew concentrate and cold brew espresso. These coffees are much stronger than regular cold brew coffee and offer a more robust coffee flavor.
How to make vanilla syrup
Vanilla syrup is one of those things that is super easy to make but seems to be overlooked by most people.
But today, I’ll show you an easy vanilla syrup recipe that will be done in less than 5 minutes for a fraction of the price you’d normally pay for a bottle of this sweet syrup.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make the vanilla syrup that will be enough to make 6 cold brew coffee servings:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of cold water
- 120 grams of white granulated sugar
- One vanilla bean split and deseeded
Also, have a small saucepan on hand, preferably with a handle, so it’s easy to swirl around.
To make the vanilla syrup, follow the steps listed below:
- In a small saucepan, add the white granulated sugar and the vanilla bean. For extra flavor, you can add the vanilla bean in the liquid as well, alongside the vanilla seeds.
- Place the pan on medium heat and keep stirring with a spoon or swirl the pan until the sugar has fully dissolved. This takes about two minutes.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, remove it from the heat and let it cool completely.
- When the vanilla syrup is cooled completely, remove the vanilla bean from the liquid.
- Pour the vanilla syrup into a resealable container or flask for easy pouring.
- You can store the syrup for a few days in the refrigerator.
Optionally, you can switch out the vanilla bean for a splash of vanilla extract. Use about a tablespoon to create the same flavor.
You can use this vanilla syrup for all kinds of coffee drinks from then on, pour the syrup into your regular coffee in the morning, or flavor your cappuccino with it. The options are endless!
How to make sweet cream
This sweet cream is what makes this cold brew coffee so amazing. The sweet cream is made with just three ingredients, and once you’ve tasted this cream, you’ll want to make it every day.
To make the sweet cream, you’ll need to following ingredients. This will be enough sweet cream for 6 servings:
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (0.12 l) of milk
- 2 oz (60 grams) of homemade vanilla syrup
This sweet cream is made by using homemade vanilla syrup as a flavoring. This will make sure that the cold brew coffee is really well flavored. Follow the steps listed below to make the sweet cream:
- In a mixing cup, combine the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla syrup.
- Whisk the mixture together, so the flavors are incorporated.
- Your sweet cream is now made. You can store it in the refrigerator for a few days. This way, you can enjoy this recipe for the upcoming days.
If you want to make this drink vegan-friendly, you can switch the heavy cream and milk for a milk alternative that you love. Use about a cup (0.24 l) milk alternative of choice and add the same amount of homemade vanilla syrup (2 oz or 60 grams).
I suggest making more of the sweet cream and vanilla syrup at once when you’re expecting people to come over in the upcoming days.
The ingredients will keep well in the fridge, and you can make this recipe in a matter of minutes to impress your friends or family.
- 3/4 cup (0.18 l) of cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sweet cream
- 1 tbsp (15 grams) of homemade vanilla syrup
- Ice cubes
Now that you've made your cold brew coffee, fresh vanilla syrup, and sweet cream, it's all about combining the ingredients to make an amazing coffee:
- In a tall glass, add ice cubes until the glass is filled to about halfway.
- Pour the cold brew coffee into the ice-filled glass.
- Swirl in the homemade vanilla syrup. You can quickly stir this to make sure all the flavors are combined.
- Now, pour in the flavored sweet cream. Serve the coffee right away for the best experience.
I've thoroughly tested this recipe and think this is the best ratio of ingredients. If you want your coffee a bit sweeter, consider adding a bit more vanilla syrup to your coffee.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3.5gTrans Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 26.5mgCarbohydrates: 1.2gSugar: 8.8gProtein: 1.2g
Vanilla sweet cream cold brew with cold foam
If you want to make this coffee recipe even more delicious, you can cold foam the sweet cream to create a fluffy foam that will sit on top of your cold brew coffee.
Cold foam is usually made using 2% fat or nonfat milk, but I found that using a fattier cream will foam up really nice as well.
To make cold foam from the sweet cream, either place it into a milk frother with a cold foam setting or manually fluff it with a French press. Follow the below-listed steps to make cold foam with the French press:
- Pour the liquid into the French press beaker and add the plunger.
- Press up and down for 45-60 seconds until fluffy.
- Remove the plunger and top your cold brew coffees with this cold foam.
This is just a quick breakdown of how to make cold foam at home. If you’re interested in learning about 5 different ways to make cold foam at home, you can check out this great article that I wrote about it.
Or you can check out this regular cold brew with cold foam recipe here!
This coffee recipe is one of the sweetest and most delicious combinations I’ve ever tasted. Normally, I’m not a big fan of sweeter coffees, but this coffee has turned into my new favorite for the upcoming summer months.
If you have some cold brew leftover, I recommend checking out the articles I’ve listed below. These articles all use cold brew coffee to make even more amazing recipes; make sure to check them out!
Do you enjoy drinking cold brew coffee? Let me know by leaving a comment down below. If you have any other questions regarding coffee, you can also contact me directly by pressing the “Contact Me” button at the top!